New Member Philadelphia Area

rhpowell

Hello all.

I have just Picked up my new to me FJ-09 today. I got a Black 2016 with just under 3,300 miles.

Included in the sale was -
Full set of Silver SW- Motech Trax Evo 3 cases and racks
SW-Motech crash bars
National Cycle VStream Touring wind screen
SW-Motech tank ring adapter (no tank bag)
R&G Bar end sliders
TomTom Rider 400 GPS (might sell this since i have a Garmin 660 from my bike i just sold)
Corbin seat (lavender /yellow and black - most likely will sell this as well Purple isn't really my color)
Lowering Links and Adjustable Kick stand.

It came with the stock screen, stock seat, and OEM Links / stock kick stand

I was in the market for a new bike in the next year or so, but do to an accident (hit and run while bike was parked) my time table was moved up. I was between a Tiger 800 and the FJ-09. I found this bike for a great deal.

I attached a photo of my new ride and one of my old bike (2013 Ninja 650 abs)

anyone on the forum her have experience with the SW-Motech Trax bags? these are covered with stickers and I would like to get them off. Im thinking some rubbing alcohol or goo gone.

I look forward to joining the FJ-09 Forum 

IMG_0730-1.jpgP1040621.jpg

• Supporting Member
Hello all.

I have just Picked up my new to me FJ-09 today. I got a Black 2016 with just under 3,300 miles.

Included in the sale was -
Corbin seat (lavender /yellow and black - most likely will sell this as well Purple isn't really my color)

Welcome.  Enjoy the bike, I think you will love it. 
I was hoping to see pictures of the lavender and yellow seat... I am sick like that.  ;)

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Female Rider -  she felt it made it look more "Batgirl-ish"
...we have someone on the team here who could chime in. @batgirl ... you like?  tongue.png 
CROP_20171116_222222.jpg

Not really my style.  I am not a fan of purple or yellow.  I am a red and black Batgirl.  

• Premium Member
Welcome!

Since you have the large V-Stream windshield you should make sure your windshield adjuster bracket is solid. There are some threads here about how to reinforce the mount with washers or a bicycle skewer. If the stock mount is allowed to wiggle around it will eventually break.

Welcome! 
Since you have the large V-Stream windshield you should make sure your windshield adjuster bracket is solid. There are some threads here about how to reinforce the mount with washers or a bicycle skewer. If the stock mount is allowed to wiggle around it will eventually break.

Heard. I will look it up. I noticed that there was some movement, I tried to tighten up the bolts but they were already tight. Thanks for the heads up!

• Premium Member
Yeah, the stock mount is weak and a large windshield just exacerbates it. I added some washers to my adjuster bolts which took out most of the wiggle, but I still might add some reinforcement.

Re the stickers: you should peel as much off as possible, using a hairdrier to soften them if they’ve been on there a while. Then rubbing alcohol, methylated spirits or any ethanol based solvent should help to get the residual stickiness off. Paraffin is often good too, as is WD40.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Yeah, the stock mount is weak and a large windshield just exacerbates it. I added some washers to my adjuster bolts which took out most of the wiggle, but I still might add some reinforcement.

The adjuster bolts on the left and right of the display?

Is there one thread specific to this or a few floating around?

Archived