While bored at work, what do you guys do to pass the time?

I'm in a research field and frequently have downtime while tests are running. Sure, I check on things every so often, but largely there's nothing to do while I wait. Tests are too short to get involved with another task, but long enough I get bored. I pass the time by checking this forum, checking my MR2 forum, check the stock market, then finally scroll endlessly on facebook until I can't take it anymore. 

What do you guys / gals do to pass your down time at work or home?

'15 FJ09

This "work" thing you speak of...I have heard of such... ;)

I'm retired, and I live in Maine.  Winter can be a real challenge, boredom-wise.  I don't do snow-related sports (or sports in general...) so that's not an option.  I catch up on my reading (I have 7 or 8 months worth of Analog Magazine to catch up on) and I spend a LOT of time surfing the web.  Here, of course, another motorcycle site (gasp!), several just general BS sites, a couple of tractors/farming related sites, a couple of gun sites, a hobby machinist site and a political blog or two.

Evenings is Netflix and Amazon Prime, but I have to resist the urge to binge watch or I'll run out of things to watch.  Selection is pretty darn slim as it is.

If the weather is even remotely cooperative, the Wife and I walk a couple of miles every day for the fresh air and exercise, and I try to find something to do in the garage for a couple of hours if it's warm enough.  I dabble in "junk art" when the muse moves me.

mc3.jpg

dozer1.jpg

• Premium Member
Bored? At WORK?? [deep breath]
AAAAAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[gasp]

Seriously...
I envy people with time to surf the interwebz or do other stuff at work.
My job is so fast-paced and busy, I barely find time to take a leak, much less kill time at work. 

*sigh*

BUT! The days go by disturbingly fast... so I got THAT going for me.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member
Bored? At WORK?? [deep breath] AAAAAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[gasp]

Seriously...
I envy people with time to surf the interwebz or do other stuff at work.
My job is so fast-paced and busy, I barely find time to take a leak, much less kill time at work. 

*sigh*

BUT! The days go by disturbingly fast... so I got THAT going for me.
Same here, busy all day long, and like you said the work week goes by in the blink of an eye. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Research is definitely a strange environment. Its a mix of "Holy shet, deadlines!!!!" but I can't do more than 1 test at a time. Ya just got wait and stress.

And nice art! Those are very neat.

'15 FJ09

Archived