Two Months in Mexico

Dark&Stormy

Well done - and truly great photos! Thanks for that.

If anyone is interested in Mexico, I'm part of an ad-hoc group: Baja October 2018 on Facebook.

Open to independent and self sufficient riders, we'll meet in San Ysidro California on Sunday October 14, 2018, heading into the Baja for two weeks the next day.
The itinerary is up to you - we'll have suggested stops - but if you want to ride group or solo, start early or sleep in, take a short or longer day - it's up to you - make it what you will. You'll know that other riders aren't too far if you need assistance.

I've done this ride 4 times now, it's addictive. We've 9 committed riders so far this year - the more the merrier. We'll be riding post hurricane season, pre Snow Bird Tourist season, so we've always found ourselves welcome and there's not a lot of crowds. Once outside the cities at both ends of the Baja (Tijuana/Ensenada; La Paz/The Cabos) - its two lane, 80kph, small village and empty road cruising through the desert, mountain passes, and Oceanside.

Contact me through the Facebook Group Baja October 2018 if you're interested, or pass it along if you know another rider who may be keen.

Douglas.

I live in Mexico... Glad you enjoyed your time around here. Next time you come, you can contact me. I live at 1.5hr from Guadalajara
For sure, what town do you live in?

Ciudad Guzmán. Close to 2 volcanoes and about 2 hours from the closest beach in the pacific ocean. It's a nice place to live... I escaped from the complexity of Guadalajara city. Now I'm in the middle of country side, very close to great moto routes (adventure and multipurpose)

For sure, what town do you live in?
Ciudad Guzmán. Close to 2 volcanoes and about 2 hours from the closest beach in the pacific ocean. It's a nice place to live... I escaped from the complexity of Guadalajara city. Now I'm in the middle of country side, very close to great moto routes (adventure and multipurpose)

Actually i went through your city on the way to volcán Nevado de Colima. The road up to the park entrance was very nice.

Actually i went through your city on the way to volcán Nevado de Colima. The road up to the park entrance was very nice.

I love Nevado de Colima. It's a sleeping volcano, 4,200 mts over sea level. It has one of the nicest rock peaks in Mexico... And it's 5 kms away from the Volcan de Fuego, one of the most active volcanos in Mexico... Yet very calmed lately. A bit later I'll post some pictures of them, here in this thread.

Did you go up to the Nevado with the fj-09? The road is not that good... And would not dear to go with mine there.

I love Nevado de Colima. It's a sleeping volcano, 4,200 mts over sea level. It has one of the nicest rock peaks in Mexico... And it's 5 kms away from the Volcan de Fuego, one of the most active volcanos in Mexico... Yet very calmed lately. A bit later I'll post some pictures of them, here in this thread.

Did you go up to the Nevado with the fj-09? The road is not that good... And would not dear to go with mine there.

The road was in pretty good condition but i have a skid plate and it did make contact with rocks s few times. At the top where the park entrance is motorcyles are not allowed so i entered the park on foot. Unfortunately the volcan de fuego was obscured in clouds. 

• 2 weeks later...
I finally got around to the painstaking job of mapping my route to the best of my memory (im glad i did before i start to forget). Google wouldn't let me put it all on one map so its spread out between 4 maps. I mostly stayed around Central Mexico with multiple returns to Guadalajara. The distance between an A-B point is one day travelled.

Map 1
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1plXjl-CqEF06QsXfLYcoS6P1VUZHg36x&usp=sharing

Map 2
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PtYCQX8jqaGAGxBwn2cyQLyevBD7LJk5&usp=sharing

Map 3
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GLx56xsQ7IKX24pCeieybUWZDq-tpRwT&usp=sharing

Map 4
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lu44OCMiWrXSi1L_jifcrsO5vW8wriWy&usp=sharing

The road was in pretty good condition but i have a skid plate and it did make contact with rocks s few times. At the top where the park entrance is motorcyles are not allowed so i entered the park on foot. Unfortunately the volcan de fuego was obscured in clouds.
The Nevado peaks ... and the Volcán de Fuego, nearby. Beautiful mountains.... 

20180115_143013.jpg

20180115_140145.jpg

Archived