Default to "A" mode?

2linby

In the three short months I've owned my 2016 FJ09 I am finding I prefer to be in the "A" mode all the time. Far more responsive and crisper throttle. The bike is so much different in the "A" mode. So is there a way to default the bike to start in "A" model rather than "STD"?  TIA

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

Only way I know of is an ECU flash... which will give you more benefit than just starting in a-mode... 2wheeldynoworks is a forum vendor and vcyclenut (whom I chose to go with) owns a FZ-09 and is very familiar with our engines. You wont regret it even if you are running stock exhaust.

PS. I ran exclusively in A-mode even prior to the flash... got to the point where I could control the bike better and shift smoother in A-mode than any other mode.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Only way I know of is an ECU flash... which will give you more benefit than just starting in a-mode... 2wheeldynoworks is a forum vendor and vcyclenut (whom I chose to go with) owns a FZ-09 and is very familiar with our engines. You wont regret it even if you are running stock exhaust. 
PS. I ran exclusively in A-mode even prior to the flash... got to the point where I could control the bike better and shift smoother in A-mode than any other mode.
+1 on the re-flash and 2WheelDynoWorks

also Woolich Racing tuning software allows you to select which mode you want as default... and 2WDW is familiar with both Woolich Racing and FTech... I vote for an ECU reflash using Woolich Racing Kit ?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

+1 on the re-flash and 2WheelDynoWorks
+2

'15 FJ09

So then the question is what can I expect from a ECU reflash? Is it worth $300+ bucks and not being able to ride my bike for a week without it? Thanks!

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

• Premium Member
This is subjective, but I would say ABSOLUTELY!

A refresh can change your default settings when you start up your bike, saving you the frustration of setting things over and over again each time you start riding. They can also access (and change) default settings which make the bike more to your riding style and preferences. Example is eliminating the harsh throttle response that comes from the factory, and turning it into a smooth throttle. There is a pretty comprehensive list of items that can be changed, but I don't have a copy of it. When I did my refresh at 2Wheel Dynoworks, I sat down with them and we worked through the list to see what changes I wanted, and they let me know which things they thought were worthwhile to do, if I didn't mention them.

It's a completely different bike after the flash, and easily the best $300 I spent on my bike ever.

Archived