Help re-assembling stock screen

rtaylor522

So, my used fj09 came with the national v stream screen installed, but I'd like to give the stock windscreen a try. Problem is I have a box full of brackets and screws, and it's not as obvious as I was hoping for. Does anyone have good pics of the stock screen installed or better yet the parts diagram? I feel like I'm missing some hardware anyways.

Thanks!

• Supporting Member
Hi @rtaylor522 - See if this helps with what you’re looking for:

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2015/fj09-fj09fr/windshield

As long at the backing plate for the windscreen is there (part 4 in this parts diagram), then the only thing you should need are the four sets of screws and spacers (parts 2 & 3) that hold the windscreen in place.

• Supporting Member
I'd like to give the stock windscreen a try.

Don't put a lot of time and effort into fitting the stock screen, after a few minutes of wind noise and helmet buffeting you will probably be looking at a replacement like so many other FJ owners.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Can't be worse than the vstream.....me and that thing do not get along....I've resorted to no screen. The diagram helps....are these screws that attach will dscreen to backer plastic? I have some plastic screws.
Stock shield is horrendous indeed. I have the Vstream with this setup and it works really well: 
MRA X-Creen

2016 FJ09

Well I'll have to forgo the torture chamber of the stocker....the plastic screws are apparently all messed up, so sounds like I shouldn't buy new ones.

Used some washers to shim vstream and slope it back more....it changed it, but I. Not sure it's better. I'm tempted to try one of those clip on visors but feel it may be right in my line of sight....we will see what I do next.

• Supporting Member
@rtaylor522 - As you can see, there are LOTS of opinions of the best windscreen option...  the one thing that's almost universally accepted is that the stock screen leaves plenty of room for improvement.   I actually find that no screen at all is noticeably better than the stock screen, both in terms of wind noise and turbulence. 
It's actually almost funny that they were somehow able to engineer, test, and approve a windscreen that unfavorably compares to nothing at all.     

Archived