2019 tracer 900 GT

reiny

Hi Guys, I pick up my 2019 Tracer 900 GT next week, and can hardly wait! I come from , and still have a Vstrom 650,

which has been an awesome bike, but it's time to upgrade. I already have a Rad guard coming for it. Any other suggestions for

some farkles to add?

• Supporting Member
I already have a Rad guard coming for it. Any other suggestions for some farkles to add?

Since it is brand new, most dealers dont even have the bike yet.  It will take awhile before a laundry-list gets made.  The '15 model had a few "must-do" mods, the new GT might be a bit more sorted.

Go put a few hundred miles on it under varying conditions and make a mental wish-list.

For me personally, any new bike always gets ergonomics/comfort sorted first and then suspension immediately after.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

IMO, the turn signals (front and rear) are fugly and require replacement. 

Fugly, maybe, but highly visible, which is what they're all about.   On an early Tracer I replaced them with some slim-line LEDs, which both looked and worked OK, but had second thoughts when my second Tracer arrived, and decided I'd be seen more readily with the fuglies left in place.   YMMV, IMHO.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Congratulations with the bike! I hope you get the 2018 model so you can get it this year, and don't have to wait till 2019 to get it!

Radiator guard is a good thing.

New windshield is also needed IMHO.

I had the Yamaha LED plus turn signals installed. It has daylight running lights in the front, and brake lights in the rear. And combined flash in the signals too. I think it looks good and the flash is easy to see in daylight. Quite bright.

I have also ordered a new seat, but I temporarily fixed the standard seat by taking off the cover and putting additional padding into the triangle in the rear of the seat. I will make a thread sometime later, when I have time and remember it :)

• Supporting Member
I had the Yamaha LED plus turn signals installed. It has daylight running lights in the front, and brake lights in the rear. And combined flash in the signals too. I think it looks good and the flash is easy to see in daylight. Quite bright.  

Do you have photos of the LED plus lights?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Finally today I pick up my 2019 900 GT. It as been a logistics nightmare. 1st time carrier didn't pick up
his freight. Basically the m/c got lost because of this and Yamaha lost the my m/c. Dealer than contacted his contact in logistics. They shipped the m/c priority. The carrier dropped the ball again and kept the m/c over the weekend instead of delivering the m/c, which they had plenty of time to deliver. So they tried to delivery it yesterday and the dealer is closed on Monday which most are out west. I have the tracker # So I know where it is. So that my adventure so far.
HAPPINESS is riding my two wheeled Prozac
Bob

Finally today I pick up my 2019 900 GT. It as been a logistics nightmare. 1st time carrier didn't pick up his freight. Basically the m/c got lost because of this and Yamaha lost the my m/c. Dealer than contacted his contact in logistics. They shipped the m/c priority. The carrier dropped the ball again and kept the m/c over the weekend instead of delivering the m/c, which they had plenty of time to deliver. So they tried to delivery it yesterday and the dealer is closed on Monday which most are out west. I have the tracker # So I know where it is. So that my adventure so far.
HAPPINESS is riding my two wheeled Prozac
Bob
Wow. That's nutters!! Talk about nerve wracking. Loosing a $20 package is one thing, but loosing an entire motorcycle!?!?! :o

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
Those are some nice indicators, but, wow! Very pricey! Looks like $300 US for the full set of 4. Did you find a better deal? 

#1 upgrade for me was a Denali Sound Bomb. 120db....loud as...

It's covered well in another thread which gave me the inspiration and also the tips for installation.

I have cause to use it daily and it's extremely effective.

Those are some nice indicators, but, wow! Very pricey! Looks like $300 US for the full set of 4. Did you find a better deal?
Yes I made a deal when I bought the bike. They're the most expensive indicators I've ever owned. I think they're quite cool though, and also provides some more safety for me. 

Archived