• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mc Cruise Discontinued?

Hey guys!

I apologize if this is a repeat post. So I was on the Versys 650 forum, and they were talking about the Tracer 900GT, and how it has cruise. I said, just buy a used FJ and put cruise on it using MC Mcruise. Apparently, they knew more than I did, lol. Someone said MC Cruise is discontinuing cruise for the FJ, since most people wil upgrade to the GT. Went on MC Cruise's website and they were sold out. So im gonna assume here that it's true, and anybody who wants it, might want to act fast at purchasing from somewhere else. Also does anybody know if the FZ-09 kit would work on our FJ?

Thanks guys

Thanks for the heads up... someone brought this to the attention of the forum last year.

https://fj-09.org/thread/5630/mccruise-yamaha-cruise

It wouldn't surprise me if they would accommodate special orders if you email them. I haven't asked, but based on my interactions with the company they seem very willing to help in any way that they can.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Thats a real shame, I wanted that a lot, but the price + customs + VAT, which were pretty much guaranteed, was like 10% of the value of the bike :(

There are several upgrades that would fit into that category... suspension, exhaust, cruise... pick your poison. I get your point though.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 3 weeks later...
You convinced me to order one,I didn't want to take a chance on missing out. Ordered it about 2 weeks ago, got it last week.

Started tearing down my FJ this morning to install and about 6 hours later I was doing the diagnostics and everything checked out. Finished putting it back together and road tested it. Everything worked great!

It's going to be great for my throttle hand and thumb, after about 30 to 45 minutes it gets to aching and needs some relief.

If you think you'd like to have cruise control this one seems to be a great option.

Just checked the Mcruise site and they still have the cruise control setup for the FJ-09 from 2015 thru 2017. The exchange rate is pretty good right now too. 654.00 AUD vs. $472.00. Not bad, not bad. So that's a complete kit, plug and play with their switch. Their extra wiring harness + complete kit and $153.00 for an ST control is approx $872.00 I'm not so anal I can spend almost double for an OEM switch. The switch that comes with it is fine for $400.00 less. Hope they have 1 left since it's still up on the site. I just happen to have that much lying around....and Monday is payday........no that wasn't a nat farting......that was the gears in my head starting to turn.....awh shut up!   ::)    I like a plug and play setup. No hacking.

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

I like a plug and play setup. No hacking.
It's a bit more than 'plug & play'.  There are several connections where you have to modify (or 'hack') pins on some of the wiring harness connectors.
Thanks for the heads up there. I've been a copier tech since 1987 so the mods you speak of should be no problem. Thanks again!   :D 

• Supporting Member
@tktplz. It includes VERY detailed installation and programming instructions. There are 3 plugs that need to have a pin removed and replaced with one from their harness. Nothing too complicated.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

The stock switch works just fine.  Maybe not as "snazzy" looking but I have had no problem.  And everybody I've met from BMW800GT to Honda ST1300 to Yamaha FJR riders with the McCruise stock switch have had no complaints and no problems.  Including me on my FJ09.

Installed my second hand one that I bought here over the weekend. Took about 2.5 hours start to finish, hardest part was routing the cables from back to front and vice versa owing to the size of the plugs on the brake jumper and wanting to route them through the frame rather than around the airbox. And getting the plug off and on the spark plug was a little fiddly.

All in all though, easy enough and works really well. Just running out of space under the seat now..!

Only other thing worth mentioning is that my front brake lever switch was taking too long to actuate and isn't adjustable. I'm not sure if that's due to my chinesium levers or if it's the same with the stock ones, but I ended up dremeling a tiny amount of material off the lever where it contacts the switch to allow the switch to extend further than normal. Now a tiny amount of movement on the brake lever means my switch comes on quickly, so the cruise control cuts out (and I didn't like how I could be actively braking without any brake lights before if I didn't squeeze hard enough). Before I did this, by the time the brake switch cut out the cruise control I would suddenly get a huge lurch with the combined engine and front braking kicking in. Perfect now..!

Just awaiting an email back from them with the install instructions and availability. Just bought the bike in early July, 2nd hand and this winters updates now include Cruise Control, Heated Grips, front forks by Matt, Radar detector and a Penske rear shock.  Quick count, approx. $3,000.00 but should have the bike I wanted for a while.  

Just awaiting an email back from them with the install instructions and availability. Just bought the bike in early July, 2nd hand and this winters updates now include Cruise Control, Heated Grips, front forks by Matt, Radar detector and a Penske rear shock.  Quick count, approx. $3,000.00 but should have the bike I wanted for a while.  
Here's the installation instructions I was sent: 
https://www.scribd.com/document/389848434/Mcs6320TBWfz-Installation

Note that mines a little different, my TPS had a separate harness that plugged into the computer rather than me having to put the 4 pins into the main harness connector. I'm not sure if the unit I have is newer or older as I purchased it second hand, but these are the 2018 instructions I was sent in May.

Here's the installation instructions I was sent: 
https://www.scribd.com/document/389848434/Mcs6320TBWfz-Installation

Note that mines a little different, my TPS had a separate harness that plugged into the computer rather than me having to put the 4 pins into the main harness connector. I'm not sure if the unit I have is newer or older as I purchased it second hand, but these are the 2018 instructions I was sent in May.T
This is what I get when I click the link; 

Why am I seeing this site?

The page you were visiting helps find the best deals and products by connecting to VigLink Shopping. This site suggests similar retailers who may sell the same products at a better price. By making it easy to continue to the link you clicked on or browse related merchants, this site gives you more freedom to purchase from the retailer of your choice.

To learn more about how VigLink connects consumers to products, visit www.viglink.com.

Archived