• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Experience with MotoComposites carbon fiber accessories?

• Supporting Member
Once again, the internet has tempted me to spend yet more money on cool FJ 09 accessories. Specifically, I started looking for a carbon fiber front fender, and came across this little gem:

https://www.motocomposites.com/products/front-fender-in-100-carbon-fiber-for-yamaha-fz-09-mt-09-fj-09.html

And, of course, they have other cool bits: Rear hugger, chain guard, front sprocket cover, etc.

I don’t exactly need any of this, but kinda want it. Anyone familiar with their products?

• Supporting Member
300$+ just for a fender...dude really?
Ha! I knew it was inevitable that my wife would find this forum... I never would have guessed she would choose @kingofthenorth as a screen name , however. :)

Somehow that $249 seems like about the tipping point where I’m interested for a really high-quality part. Perhaps it’s the recovering Ducati/Aprilia addict in me, but the FJ was cheap enough to begin with that I don’t mind spending some discretionary money every so often, just to keep it interesting.

I started looking for a carbon fiber front fender... 

Save your $$. Our front ends are already too light with the stock front fender!!    :) cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
300$+ just for a fender...dude really?
Ha! I knew it was inevitable that my wife would find this forum... I never would have guessed she would choose @kingofthenorth as a screen name , however. smiley.png 
Somehow that $249 seems like about the tipping point where I’m interested for a really high-quality part. Perhaps it’s the recovering Ducati/Aprilia addict in me, but the FJ was cheap enough to begin with that I don’t mind spending some discretionary money every so often, just to keep it interesting.

I'm still trying to justify the candy red FZ09 fender... and thats only around $100.

However... I am all for little bits and pieces to personalize the bike, if you have the means to do so, GO FOR IT!!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

@zachd - Thanks for the tip. I’ll take a look for the RC fender... that does look like a nice piece.  
The Super Tenere signals look great, by the way. smiley.png
No problem. I was very pleased with the quality. Shipping took a bit coming from overseas, but was worth the savings.  
And thanks, they definitely make a nice improvement over the stock pumpkins!

Archived