Fuel Consumed reading stuck at 99.9L

bugie

I've also noticed that. Apparently it only has three digits so it stops at 99.9

Honda CB600F Hornet 2008; KTM LC4 640 SM Prestige 2007; Kawasaki Z1000 2007; Honda CB1000R 2010; BMW R1200GS 2010; Yamaha Tracer 900GT 2018; Yamaha TDM900 2002; Kawasaki KLX230 2020; KTM 690 Enduro R 2022: Bold = current

I've had my GT only 2 days so haven't burned that much fuel yet but I think that fuel consumed function is 'per tank'. You need to zero it along with the trip meter and you will know how much of your 18 liters you have burned and therefore how much remains. This is the first bike I've had with this function, a 'distance to empty' would be much more useful.

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

I've had my GT only 2 days so haven't burned that much fuel yet but I think that fuel consumed function is 'per tank'. You need to zero it along with the trip meter and you will know how much of your 18 liters you have burned and therefore how much remains. This is the first bike I've had with this function, a 'distance to empty' would be much more useful.

majority of us go by "miles racked up" via trip meter and reset each fill up... motorcycle gas tank shapes arnt as friendly as an automotive gas tank which is nice and predictably linear...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
It is "per tank" only if you reset it when you fill up.  Otherwise, it just keeps counting.  I found it to be about 10% low, if it displays 3.0 gal used, you can put 3.3 gal when you fill up.  And this is consistent with the mpg displayed also being about 10% high, if it shows 55 mpg it really is about 50 mpg. 
This discrepancy doesn't really bother me because it is consistent, and 10% is easy to compensate in my head.  But why do they set it up this way?

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

Would have been cool if you could have used it in conjunction with the service intervals to check average fuel consumption.

I guess as a "per tank" calculator it is a way of double checking the kms per tank reading you get with the trip 1 reading. I would happily have traded that in for an additional notch on the fuel tank so it has a 75% reading too :)

I just ignore the gauge never accurate anyway.
each time I fill up I check the mileage against how many ltrs hat I've used.
my last check I got 60 mpg(uk)
18 ltrs devided by 4.5 ltrs = 4 x 60mpg =240 miles to a tank full.
I did a 174 miles and the gauge was on the digit and I used 13.08 ltrs.

• Premium Member
This has been the behavior of the gas gauge since the early models in 2015. Most of us, just reset the trip meter at fuel up, and go until you get close to 200 miles.

Archived