Denali Daytime Running Lights - Any Opinions?

• Supporting Member
I want to add some daytime running lights to be more conspicuous to oncoming drivers, but would like something a bit more flush-mount or streamlined than the standard "pod type" lights.  I found the Denali lights in a few different configurations.

Lights w/Offset Mount Kit

Lights w/ Fender Mount Kit

Lights w/ Flush Mount Kit

Has anyone used these or other Denali products?  opinions good or bad?

BTW, I dont ride at night, daytime running only.

Thanks guys. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I have a set of their lights and am pleased with them. they have been installed for a couple years with no issues. I have them wired to the headlights so they are only on once the bike is running and if I turn the brights on, they go to the brighter setting. I just looked at the links, I have the big square ones that have low and high settings. I have looked at the ones you linked and think they will work very well. I chose the ones I have because I do ride at night enough to want/need brighter lights.

Those look great @betoney... no personal experience with Denali but have always heard good things. Really like the look of the "Offset Mount Kit" just inside the fender, but all 3 look great.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
Those look great @betoney ... no personal experience with Denali but have always heard good things. Really like the look of the "Offset Mount Kit" just inside the fender, but all 3 look great.

I'm going to keep an eye on these and see if Twisted Throttle has a Black Friday sale.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Those look pretty sharp, and I think you'll like the location of the offset ones down by the radiator. I put some cheapo LED strips on my radiator guard to accomplish the same effect.  I'm sure the overall experience, longevity, and ease of install will be better with the Denalis given their price tag. Daytime visibility is nice, but it also does serve to illuminate the area directly in front of the bike where the headlights don't hit.  If you're looking for conspicuity and you still have your handguards, then the DRL / flashers up there help provide a nice wide lighted profile too

• Premium Member
I knew I'd seen them somewhere around here... Rockwoodroo is selling a bike that has them installed.

https://fj-09.org/thread/7336/2015-toronto-ontario-8000km-5kmiles

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

I just installed the DZELL LEDS in my hand guards, not only makes the hand guards look a lot better, but they are running and signal lights. I think they are a good deal for the money and add a real touch of tech to the bike.
Looking for a link to the source of these, please!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
@wordsmith

I bought the Amber version a few years back from ebay seller "madzell79" who it looks like at one point listed a lot of these, but hasn't for a long time. 

Looks like someone else on ebay now has the white version so if you like that one this may be your best bet.  I bought the amber version because it was easily available and I wanted to use with the turn signal module.  If you want that amber version you'll have to try and contact the seller via ebay or try and navigate the dzell korean site (http://www.dzell.net/98) if that's even possible

Nov 10, 2018 17:31:27 GMT -6 betoney said: I want to add some daytime running lights to be more conspicuous to oncoming drivers, but would like something a bit more flush-mount or streamlined than the standard "pod type" lights. I found the Denali lights in a few different configurations.

Lights w/Offset Mount Kit

Lights w/ Fender Mount Kit

Lights w/ Flush Mount Kit

Has anyone used these or other Denali products? opinions good or bad?

BTW, I dont ride at night, daytime running only.

Thanks guys.

I think I'm gonna give the offset version a try... in amber and attach to the turn signals so they're DRLs and turn signals.

• 10 months later...

I have the amber ones and they attach to the sides of the fairing inside towards the radiator.

They are pretty bright... has anyone thought about putting them on the handguards or would they be too bright and annoy someone in slow or stop/go traffic?  I think the flush mounts at around 4.5 inches would just fit on the handguards.

Do the DZELLs for the FJ fit the Tracer GT?  Would prefer a running/signal operation vs the Denali Running only.

I bought the Amber version a few years back from ebay seller "madzell79" who it looks like at one point listed a lot of these, but hasn't for a long time. 

Looks like someone else on ebay now has the white version so if you like that one this may be your best bet.  I bought the amber version because it was easily available and I wanted to use with the turn signal module.  If you want that amber version you'll have to try and contact the seller via ebay or try and navigate the dzell korean site (http://www.dzell.net/98) if that's even possible

The link above to dzell shows a version of the handguard-mounted 'position LEDs' for our GTs.   I had an earlier version for Gen1 Tracers - excellent.   They are ideally mounted high up and wide apart, for maximum visibility to other road-users.
Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.