Niken has landed

1 hour ago, mikerbiker said:

Big question:  does it need 1 beak or 2??

Discuss...

Oh lawd, are you trying to start flame war? Should probably ask if 10W-40 car oil will work while you're at it... hahaha

I think it's a neat concept and allow people who can't handle 2 wheels to ride. It's the most "motorcycle" like 3 wheel thing yet! 

'15 FJ09

• 2 months later...

Not sure how a 580# bike that doesn't self level helps anyone who "can't handle 2 wheels"?

It's a machine for riders who have money, are safety conscious, who want to be around to spend their money, and strangely, can't see the downside to 80% more front end grip, all the time.

It ticks all the boxes for me, back on a bike after 20 years away, and all the reviews say it's a blast.

As for the price? Who cares, what is $20k really, in the grand scheme of things.

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, isthatahemi said:

It's a machine for riders who have money, are safety conscious, who want to be around to spend their money, and strangely, can't see the downside to 80% more front end grip, all the time.

It ticks all the boxes for me, back on a bike after 20 years away, 

Welcome to the group, and welcome back to motorcycling.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

Thanks! Looking forward to a relaxed Florida panhandle tour next week! Having owed a Spyder, I anticipate being constantly asked questions, and lots of enthusiastic attention from everyone except the jaded close-minded bikers & the Harley crowd. 

Later this summer a "Best Biking Roads" from Montana to southern California tour! My wife and I like to hit the twisties aggressively, 2 front wheels should help ensure a safer experience, with gravel, wet patches and other usual items one encounters on a mountain road.

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, isthatahemi said:

Later this summer a "Best Biking Roads" from Montana to southern California tour! My wife and I like to hit the twisties aggressively, 2 front wheels should help ensure a safer experience, with gravel, wet patches and other usual items one encounters on a mountain road.

You got my attention there, that sounds like one hell of a ride.  Not sure of your route, but dont pass up Idaho Oregon or Wyoming.  There are a lot of amazing roads along the way.

I have 2 week-long rides planned into Northern California from Washington and an 11 day trip through Utah and Colorado in September. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Sounds like a blast.

Our route will meander to  Beartooth pass, following that to Lolo pass, working out way through Oregon, criss-crossing California through a bunch of the best ribbons, and down to Coronado. Follow the coast all the way back to Gibsons BC, and then back across the prairies. 3 weeks to do it.

• Supporting Member
47 minutes ago, isthatahemi said:

Sounds like a blast.

Our route will meander to  Beartooth pass, following that to Lolo pass, working out way through Oregon, criss-crossing California through a bunch of the best ribbons, and down to Coronado. Follow the coast all the way back to Gibsons BC, and then back across the prairies. 3 weeks to do it.

Sounds AWESOME!  We rode Beartooth Pass in September then Chief Joseph into Cody, Bighorn Mountains, Tensleep Canyon, Thermopolis and the Tetons into Idaho!  Amazing ride!

When you cross Lolo to Lewiston you can either take 3 South to Enterprise - Rattlesnake Grade, You WONT regret it!   OR South through Grangeville and Cambridge, then North into Hells Canyon!  Epic riding either way you go.  Enjoy

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

The front end of this thing is KILLER.

I hope I can demo one of these bad-ass rigs at Americade in June. 

cb

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Recently completed a trip to Pristina, Kosovo for Uncle Sam and and saw a Niken roll past me and then take a left-hand sweeper.  I watched it as long as possible and it appeared to handle the sweeper nice and smooth.  Wish I'd had my camera in hand; it looked pretty competent.   👍

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

Archived