Wheel rim decals

• Supporting Member

@dazzler24 - I just wanted subtle accents, so I used silver tape. 

I contacted CGD Graphics on Ebay, I had them cut me a sheet of 3mm silver stripes, the longest they could make was 24" long, which was plenty.  8x 24" stripes were less than $10 shipped.  I also bought the reflective wheel decals from them.

Side View.jpg

Stripes.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
44 minutes ago, betoney said:

@dazzler24 - I just wanted subtle accents, so I used silver tape. 

I contacted CGD Graphics on Ebay, I had them cut me a sheet of 3mm silver stripes, the longest they could make was 24" long, which was plenty.  8x 24" stripes were less than $10 shipped.  I also bought the reflective wheel decals from them.

@betoney - Yes I too like the subtle look.  Really just wanting to break up the continuous black/grey on my bike - but just a little.  Thanks for the link.  Although it looks like postage from that particular vendor may be the killer for me as I live in the land down under. But thanks for the clues as to what to look for.

Your white accents look good too.  I was thinking red for me but maybe white would work on the black just as well?!  Another option to consider!

Thanks again. 🙂

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
14 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Don't mix too many colours would be my advice.   If you put red rim-tape on, put red into the tank-groove too.   If gold tank- groove tape (which chimes nicely with the gold fork - mine are pure 24 carat of course) apply gold rim-tape.   Red and gold pin-striping tape is readily available from the most auto accessories retailers, or online.   

An alternative is to purchase on-line some neat and discreet (and different) wheel-rim decals that read "Tracer" or "Yamaha" or similar identifying wording - a set of eight (8) = four (4) per wheel, = two (2) each side, will set you back about $20, IIRC.   They come from that well-known source of things Yamaha - Scotland. 

I have used their decals on various bikes: they cover all brands, many models, and many colours, and are extremely durable.   Easy - if a little fiddly - to apply too.  If well-done, they do look good, IMHO.

Source <moto.monkey@rocketmail.com>

As usual wordy, you are a Cornucopia of useful information.  Thanks for the many options to investigate.

They come from that well-known source of things Yamaha - Scotland.

Aye!  I dinnae ken thet!  But it's pure barry!  - Apologies in advance to the Scottish forum members if I've mangled that but I blame my Son in Law - yes, he's a Scot. 🙂

2019-08-31-22-38-36 (Groot).jpg

1 hour ago, RonZuidhoek said:

I have the Lava Red Tracer, and I used These, and it matches the red of the bike.

They look really great - and very neatly applied too, RonZ.   Well done...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

1 minute ago, wordsmith said:

2019-08-31-22-38-36 (Groot).jpg

They look really great - and very neatly applied too, RonZ.   Well done...

Thanks, only one of the 3 is applied the wrong way. At the bottom, there are two Tracer logo's next tot eachother.

25 minutes ago, RonZuidhoek said:

Thanks, only one of the 3 is applied the wrong way. At the bottom, there are two Tracer logo's next tot eachother.

That'll slow you down!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 6 months later...

I have a 2016 Raven Black FJ-09 that I wanted to add a little color to.  Back in 2018 on eBay I found "Bespoke Design Service" in UK that sold a nice simple understated Black, White & Red FJR1300 rim decal.  I contacted them and asked if they could make me a similar set of black, white and red FJ-09 decals.  Attached is photo of what www.classicstickers.co.uk sent me me back in August of 2018, delivered to North Carolina USA for $13.35 USD.  They sent me a set of 12 decals.  I placed two on each side of each wheel rim. Do not know if they are still in business, but they were great to work with.  Got the exact understated look I was wanted.1125090375_FJ-09Decal.jpg.3eb1aa7bf3cf7d5567020187d098b50e.jpg

• Thumbsup 1