Fender eliminator help

mngrown

Hey there,

Im new here and am picking up my New 2017 FJ this week.

if there is already a thread on this please direct me there.

Im looking to get a tail tidy/ fender eliminator kit with smaller better looking indicators all the way around.

I called TST industries and they said none of their kits for the FZ would work for the FJ. *I really like the way the low mount one looks with the integrated tail light for signals.*

Can i get some suggestions on a tail tidy and fender eliminator kits that you guys have and like as well as some pictures?

TIA

WOW $200 for a plate mount? I really want to mount it low down almost behind the tire like the FZ low mount option that TST has. but i don't see that option for the FJ from anyone. I like the idea of it being mounted low cleans the bike up quite a bit. ( i hate the way license plates look on anything in general, breaks up the flow of the vehicle) I was really hoping that FZ one would work for the FJ but they said it wont. Probably going to do the Motodynamic integrated tail light tho seems like it has good reviews, and then some lower profile better looking signals for the front.

Don't need to spend that amount, if indeed anything at all.   Very early in the life of this Forum someone posted a simple effective DIY approach, which entailed using all the current bits apart from that ghastly crane arm.   You'll find it here somewhere as there are frequent references to it.   If I find it I'll post a link.   I plan to do it myself very soon.

(Later edit: here 'tis):  Thanks to Ulewz...

Until the fender eliminators come out, poor man's trick

By ULEWZ, January 17, 2015 in FJ-09 Tech Tips/How to's 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Still on this topic, I know that if I relocate the rear plate/ light assembly with some form of fender-eliminator device my OE hard panniers will not fit, as the OE pumpkins will then stick out too far.  A simple remedy will be to relocate the pumpkins (which I'd prefer to keep rather than replace with a smaller LED) - I have in mind onto/ under the rear carry-rack on my bike by means of some still-to-be-figured-out brackets.

So - could some kindly soul here please post a schematic or 'exploded' view of the rear plate carrying assembly so that I might see what's involved before ripping things apart.   I guess that the rubber stems of the pumpkins are secured by some kind of nut, but cannot yet see how this is done.   Pic below shows the parts and assembly concerned

Guidance will be appreciated!

P1050123.JPG

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

There are 4 bolts under the seat to undo the tail unit assembly. The wires hidden in the arm can be exposed by unclipping the plastic cover (under the arm). DOn't forget to unclip the indicator plugs from under the seat

Thanks, bugie.   Would you be able to identify the 'indicator plugs' under the seat? - there seems to be a mess of wires there, added-to by my own wiring to power the pulsing/ flashing rear LEDs that I recently added!   I appreciate your info. 

2 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Thanks, bugie.   Would you be able to identify the 'indicator plugs' under the seat? - there seems to be a mess of wires there, added-to by my own wiring to power the pulsing/ flashing rear LEDs that I recently added!   I appreciate your info. 

Should be just behind the drivers seat at the side. 2 grey plugs (if i recall correctly). To be honest they are easy to follow from where the number plate arm screws into the rear fender. 

On 2/13/2019 at 10:38 PM, wordsmith said:

Don't need to spend that amount, if indeed anything at all.   Very early in the life of this Forum someone posted a simple effective DIY approach, which entailed using all the current bits apart from that ghastly crane arm.   You'll find it here somewhere as there are frequent references to it.   If I find it I'll post a link.   I plan to do it myself very soon.

(Later edit: here 'tis):  Thanks to Ulewz...

Until the fender eliminators come out, poor man's trick

By ULEWZ, January 17, 2015 in FJ-09 Tech Tips/How to's 

Unable to get to that link/ 

does any one know if we can take out all the plastics from the stock fender eliminator and just retain the metal frame. 

The FZ 09 tail light does fit the FJ 09. I got the integrated tail light from customLED and it works awesome (dont forget the relay for the blinkers). I had that conversation with TSTIndustries as well, and they said things may fit, but they are not able to confirm because they have not had a FJ09/Tracer in their facility for R&D to confirm. but I got "FZ09" axle sliders from them, and the engine slider pucks are the same for the FJ. They just wont confirm it because they cant say they are 100% as they were not personally tested

FZ-09-tail-light-2_03aa44f4-0701-4b3c-88
WWW.CUSTOMLED.COM

Yamaha FJ-09 Integrated LED Tail Light and Turn Signal with Blaster-X, Brake Alert, Turn Alert and Strobe mode! Fits years 2015 2016 2017 FJ-09. Top Rated, Satisfaction Guaranteed, and Made...

Thanks for all the reply and help! I ordered the Motodynamic light eliminator and front indicators!...Bike should be here Thursday :) 

Just need to figure out a windshield now (I'm 6'7" so my head will always be in the wind less i get a huge touring screen which is out of the question) so i want something small that at least keeps the push off my chest. Primarily changing it for appearance only. Anyone know of some threads that would pertain to that, I would like to read through those!

Archived