vs FJR???

ted

• Supporting Member

@LizN - I too have longer legs, 33-34" inseam and find the FJ/Tracer quite comfortable.  Highway pegs even add to the comfort.👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, betoney said:

Motorized windscreen, operated with a push button.  A lot of the bigger touring bikes have that feature.

Electric screens can be useful. In 1997 I had a R1100RT loaner for a month. Eventually I found myself on one of those remote Nevada highways with nothing but straight, empty road stretching out 40+ miles in front of me. I was able to ride for quite a while with the throttle pinned in top gear. I discovered that I could adjust the motorcycle's top speed using the windshield switch. Interestingly, I found that the highest speed was achieved with the shield raised about 25% up from its lowest setting.

I also discovered that yes, it is possible to completely roast a new sport touring tire in one weekend.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, betoney said:

You get an FJR as a 'work vehicle'?  Not too shabby. 👍

Volunteer role. Urgent blood deliveries, but not emergency. We’re not allowed to use the blue lights, but still cool though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

2 hours ago, betoney said:

Motorized windscreen, operated with a push button.  A lot of the bigger touring bikes have that feature.

There is now an electric screen designed to fit the Tracer by Puig:

• Thumbsup 1

36 minutes ago, littlebruv said:

But expensive, there was another comment about the Puig motorised screen in this forum

Yes, especially considering it’s something we can do with one hand....

• Supporting Member
41 minutes ago, Flameslie said:

Yes, especially considering it’s something we can do with one hand....

The Puig motorized screen has 3x the travel, it adjusts slightly lower and quite a bit higher than the factory mount.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

6 hours ago, betoney said:

The Puig motorized screen has 3x the travel, it adjusts slightly lower and quite a bit higher than the factory mount.

6cm above the high point, and 2cm below the low.  That's pretty impressive, and makes it more competitive vs. buying a huge barn-door windscreen.  I imagine still pretty spendy though.