LOWER RIDER SEAT

Hi, I have just bought a Yamaha lower rider seat............. only just this minuet fitted it, have not tried it yet as bike still off the road for winter.

It " looks" NO lower than the standard seat. Has anyone got one on their 900 GT, and if so is there any difference.? ?

Cheers Edgar Jessop.

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, edgarjessop12 said:

Hi, I have just bought a Yamaha lower rider seat............. only just this minuet fitted it, have not tried it yet as bike still off the road for winter.

It " looks" NO lower than the standard seat. Has anyone got one on their 900 GT, and if so is there any difference.? ?

Cheers Edgar Jessop.

Regardless of looks, how much lower is it when measured side by side on a workbench with the oem seat?

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Hi, I did put it next to the standard seat on the work bench, and tried to measure them both, there was no difference !!!!!!!

just a very very tiny bit narrower in the middle of the seat, so I will just have to see when I ride it.

To be honest I did wonder before I bought it, as the stock seat is thin, and you cannot sit on a board hahaha.

Just want to get the bike lower, have already fitted a lowering kit.

It is because I am an old fart now, and have just sold my Honda FireBlade, and Kawasaki Ninja ZZR 1400 sports. but think

I have done well as 73 now. And LOVE the Tracer 900 GT............if it was a little lower would love it more.

Cheers Edgar Jessop.

• Thumbsup 1

• 11 months later...

I haven't tried the lower seat but have tried the Yamaha lowering kit and yes it did lower the bike noticeably as the front forks are also lowered to keep the bike level. On the downside it made it harder to hoist the bike onto the centre-stand, remembering that the bike being lower you have further to lift and also the angle of the stand has been altered. In terms of height; in standard form I can only just flat-foot so wasn't really an issue for me but being harder to get onto the centre-stand was so didn't have the lowering kit installed on the new bike. I find the standard seat quite comfortable actually so no need to change.   

Edited by Suu Kyi

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Holderfjr said:

A video on YouTube, the guy put the Yamaha lowering links and he had not problem with kickstand or center stand.  An earlier post said it made it difficult, video shows no Problem.  Clarification?

A previous bike (Yamaha XJ900 Diversion) I owened had been lowered 25mm and was much more difficult to get up onto the centre stand and was much easier when I fitted the standard dogbones. It also changed the angle the bike sat at when on the side stand and made it a bit too upright on some surfaces. It was a heavy bugger of a bike at about 250KG. The light weight of the Tracer might not have the same issue with a lowering kit.

On 2/19/2019 at 10:50 AM, edgarjessop12 said:

if it was a little lower would love it more.

I think I have seen a 30mm lowering kit listed on e-bay that might make the wee bit of a difference for you. Although I might be worried about the ground clearance 

Can't help on the lowering, however if you're having a difficult time raising your bike on the center stand, just drive the bike rear wheel on a small piece of plywood (1/2" thick or so) or whatever so that the back wheel is sitting on that and your center stand clears the wood.  Just a little makes a difference. Not too easy to travel with but handy in the garage.

• Supporting Member

I added a lowering link from T-Rex Racing to my '17 FJ-09. Definitely made it a tad more difficult to raise on the center stand. T-Rex sells an adjustable side-stand if desired. I had my stock side stand shortened and beefed up with a steel rod inside the hollow tube, and now selling the adjustable one.

Side-stand for sale

T-Rex

Edited by Heli ATP