Handlebar raisers compatibility

Luma46

So I have found out that MT/FZ handlebar risers won't fit Tracer/FJ09 bikes because the bar clamps are mounted under angle while GT has them straight.  Looks like apart from Helibars, there are no other flitting raisers. Found few nice risers for 1-1/8" bars on AliExpress, but none has the required 41 mm distance between clamp bolts.

I have these on my GT, 15 mm rise and the bolt distance is correct. Made by Tusk, also available in 30 mm. The shape doesn't match the stock clamp very well but can't see that while riding.

image.jpeg

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Luma46 said:

The more I ride my GT, I am getting used to and OK with existing position/height of the handlebars.

I hope I do but having short arms a little more height would be great. Did those lower pegs help with the riding position Luma?

1 hour ago, Luma46 said:

Very much so, at my age of 72 I need every inch of legroom I can get.

72? - child!   Late '39 model here.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

23 hours ago, Luma46 said:

Very much so, at my age of 72 I need every inch of legroom I can get.

I hear Luma and and I'm no spring chicken myself and could use some leg room on this bike myself and ordered some pegs off ebay and hope they work. So wish I could get risers also!

Archived