Mounting lights between the forks on a 2015 FJ-09

• Premium Member
On 6/18/2020 at 11:55 AM, Samaha said:

I have been looking at this bar.  If you have time can you kindly post a pic of what it looks like on your bike.  thanks

17045F8C-BAF9-45B9-BAD3-A4B9B9FC443A.jpeg

3BC1CADD-7242-487B-B7A9-0DE6F3F5E95D.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• Supporting Member
On 6/19/2020 at 10:17 PM, Wintersdark said:

<snip> 

You can spend a lot of money on it, but there's not really a good reason to.  The really cheap ones work just as well. 

...aaaand the clamps arrived on the weekend.  They're muuuch more substantial than I was expecting - easily enough for a light mount.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
On 6/20/2020 at 5:44 AM, rustyshackles said:

3BC1CADD-7242-487B-B7A9-0DE6F3F5E95D.jpeg

+1 for all the bug guts

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

6 hours ago, knyte said:

...aaaand the clamps arrived on the weekend.  They're muuuch more substantial than I was expecting - easily enough for a light mount.

Yeah, while they're certainly cheap chinese pot metal, they're definitely beefy and are absolutely going to hold the lights securely.