J-Tech tail tidy

Today I have installed one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-MT-09-Tail-Tidy-Fender-Eliminator-2013-2014-2015-2016-MT09-Tracer/162420952247?hash=item25d10b0cb7:g:21EAAOSwtaRa50PD

It is a really good bit of kit and at £25 very reasonably priced.  I think the likes of R&G and others are charging stupid money for similar offerings.

It is robust metal, well painted and includes a led number plate light plus all the fasteners required to fit it to the bike.  It is compatible with the Tracer's existing indicators as well as aftermarket versions.  The bikes existing wiring is used intact apart from cutting the number plate light cable at the number plate light end to fit the new number plate light.  The kit also makes use of the first bracket attached to the underneath of the bike.  The rest of the tail unit goes.

Happily it is also compatible with my Yamaha semi-rigid panniers.  A couple of pics below.

IMG_20190307_175620.jpg

IMG_20190307_175631.jpg

CS

Edited by captainscarlet
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, captainscarlet said:

Today I have installed one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-MT-09-Tail-Tidy-Fender-Eliminator-2013-2014-2015-2016-MT09-Tracer/162420952247?hash=item25d10b0cb7:g:21EAAOSwtaRa50PD

It is a really good bit of kit and at £25 very reasonably priced.  I think the likes of R&G and others are charging stupid money for similar offerings.

The tail tidy looks good!  I agree with you on some of the manufacturers outrageous pricing, the Yoshimura tail tidy comes to mind at $120!

I bought a Generic Tail Tidy  for $32 shipped.   

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

11 hours ago, micah2074 said:

Ha, your giant euro tag can double as a mud flap. 

I don't know about giant.

The Swedish standard is 17 cm x 15 cm and according to Google, the US tag measures 18 cm x 10 cm.  So there´s not what you'd call a huge difference in size.  Still I'm quite happy for my plate to double as a mudguard as it keeps the bike clean.

CS

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have been looking at that but i doubt it wll work on the GT model because of the hard luggage.

Would you be able to take a birds eye view of the tail tidy please so I can see how the indicators sit in relation to the oem arm?

Edited by bugie

8 hours ago, bugie said:

Have been looking at that but i doubt it wll work on the GT model because of the hard luggage.

Would you be able to take a birds eye view of the tail tidy please so I can see how the indicators sit in relation to the oem arm?

The indicators sit in the same vertical plane as the rear tail light.  The distance from indicator tip to indicator tip is 38 cm.

CS

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/2/2019 at 1:09 PM, fijiman said:

Too bad the J-tech one does not ship to USA!  😞

Late to the party here. He will ship to Canada and US. Just send him a message through eBay and he will look after you. I just placed my order. Shipping is £19.50. Steep for some but I have paid a lot more than that to have accessories and parts shipped to Canada from US. 

• Premium Member

FTR

A R&G tail tidy for the 2019 GT will fit on the older FJ's. The mounting bracket is EXACTLY the same. I have it on my 2015 FJ-09 and it fits with the hard luggage. 

I have the Yamaha LED rear turn signals and there is plenty of room. With the OEM pumpkins it will be close but should fit.

I have a thread somewhere if you feel like looking for it....  

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA