H CAFE MEET, Easter 2015

Guest brianwindmill

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And all clearly strangers to The Anorexia! 
L of S

I got over that problem in my 20's, looks like I'm fighting it far better than the others ;)

@fjer, I think there is a problem with replying on the board, especially when quoting someone within multiple quotes - well I find a problem with it - can't speak for L of S, but I suspect he has the same problem. I'm sure totally unintentional.

• Premium Member
Not sure why I come on here, in 3 posts ive been called slow, old and fat !!!!  ???   :D
I distinctly said "mature", although admittedly my wife says I'm the moral equivalent of a 12-year-old.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
And all clearly strangers to The Anorexia! 
L of S

I got over that problem in my 20's, looks like I'm fighting it far better than the others ;) 
@fjer, I think there is a problem with replying on the board, especially when quoting someone within multiple quotes - well I find a problem with it - can't speak for L of S, but I suspect he has the same problem. I'm sure totally unintentional.

I did give him an explanation on how to simplify editing quoted posts, publicly in a forum message. 
For others, if you find you are typing inside the quoted text of another, and it is very easy to do this if you press the back-space button to edit a post. Done it loads myself.

The easiest way to sort this is to click the BBCode button at the bottom of your post. This enters a nice text mode where you can see the formatting tags including the important
one. As an ex Unix geek I like text editors rather than all this new fangled html, flash, java etc bollocks :)
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

As an ex Unix geek I like text editors rather than all this new fangled html, flash, java etc bollocks :)

You mean one can get over UNIX ;) ? vi all the way for me :wq!

-Sorry for the hijack

• Premium Member
not completely - I'd much rather a keyboard shortcut to a finger pinch, icon click or right mouse click.

Vi was my tool of choice when writing code on a proprietary version of Unix for Zehntel electronics test rigs.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Not sure why I come on here, in 3 posts ive been called slow, old and fat !!!!  ???   :D
Is it because you have no friends?  Waaaaaaaaahahahahaha (only teasing :) )
Yup, that'll be the reason !  :D

• Premium Member
Is it because you have no friends?  Waaaaaaaaahahahahaha (only teasing :) )
Yup, that'll be the reason !  :D
We may be all of the above but we enjoy life on our Tracers. Imagine being young, fit and fast with nowhere to go!

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
I don't know how or why my signature was attached to the derogatory remark on anorexia by LawrenceofSuburbia but I don't appreciate it. fjer
The 'fjer' terminal snuck-in there somehow, and wasn't at all intended!    BTW - there's post here by rexe just a few hours old that appears to have been posted by me, so this kind of error seems easy to make. Apologies if any offence given, also not intended. My 'anorexia' comment came from the undeniable fact that you all - happily! - look pretty well-nourished, and I recalled a recent comment by Stephen Fry who said of himself, jowly as ever, [em]"I am a stranger to The Anorexia".[/em]
Put it down to my offbeat Brit sense of humour!
L of S

Archived