• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Ride to Barber Museum and track for Indy Car

1moreroad

• Premium Member

I'm on the phone, so I'll just put some pix up. We had a good ride over to Alabama. Friday afternoon we rode through Oakman, AL on surprisingly twisty roads. Alabama 18 is good. Lots of dirt roads, though, so re-routing the GPS was routine. 

Saturday we did a loop from Anniston that included the Talladega Skyway, the Chattahoochee Forest, DeSoto State Park and Little River Canyon. All good roads. Lots of good roads around them, too.

Sunday was the main event. Indy Car races at Barber Motorsports Park. Spent about 3 hours in the museum and only saw 2 levels. They continue to improve it. Car show was good. Racing was good - Porsche and Lamborghini challenge races then the main event. Lots of fun to watch. 

We got lucky - only about 5 minutes rain total. 900 miles total. 

20190409_060330.jpg

20190407_125143.jpg

20190407_125157.jpg

20190407_163241.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

I was fortunate to be in Nashville for a few weeks last October and got to drive down for the Barber Vintage Motorcycle Festival. Sadly I was just in a rental car, but the festival and museum were outstanding. I'm certain this is the best motorcycle museum in the world.

• Thumbsup 3

Attending the Vintage Motorcycle Festival at Barber's every October has become a near religious pilgrimage for me.  As you said, Keith, both are simply outstanding.  I've already been planning for this year's hajj!

• Thumbsup 1

2015 Yamaha FJ-09 and 2018 Yamaha XSR700

21 hours ago, hlmiskelly said:

Attending the Vintage Motorcycle Festival at Barber's every October has become a near religious pilgrimage for me.  As you said, Keith, both are simply outstanding.  I've already been planning for this year's hajj!

yep, same for me. i'll be there as well.

• Thumbsup 1