Can't do a wheelie, Do I have a problem?

17 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

5200 in 5th gear on a level road with my girth and loaded top case does seem fairly efficient at about 64 mph, as an example...

But wouldn't, to the engine, this be exactly the same as 5200 in 5th gear on a level road with your girth and loaded top case at  lets say 60mph if geared a bit lower?  Engine load is the same, RPM is the same, the only difference in a cruising/constant speed scenario is that actual MPH is different, but the engine is running at the same rotational speed.  Load is ever so slightly lower, as you'd be generating less drag due to the lower speed, but otherwise it shouldn't have an impact?  

Of course, if you intend to stay at 64mph, then yeah, there's gonna be changes as now you'd be running at ~5500rpm (as a rough example).

Edit: To be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong, just looking to learn something 😃

Edited by Wintersdark

• Premium Member

That's with the lower gearing at a constant speed based on stabilizing the mile per hour read out it's putting it down 55 US MPG.

Always kills me when the guys who use Imperial gallons say they get 55 miles per hour average if I'm into it and I love the new gearing I'm lucky if I break 42 but we have some really high speed tollways that people cruise at 80 85 or more and it's wonderful having than the Mcruise, highway pegs, screen set up nice, smooth as silk even in 4th gear but I run in 6th Gear up at those elevated speeds and still get 42 miles per gallon it's when I'm going on and off the throttle that it drops