• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't do a wheelie, Do I have a problem?

34 minutes ago, betoney said:

Contact the guys at 2Wheeldynoworks, they aren't too far from you.  They REALLY know this CP3 motor.

2 Wheel Dynoworks

Address

13209 NE 126th Pl STE 460

Kirkland, WA 98034

Email

Phone

(425) 269-5332

Business Hours

Tuesday-Saturday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Sunday-Monday: Closed

Thanks for the info,,yes Nels is only a couple miles from my house,,he did my fz07,,,thanks again

• Thumbsup 1

1 minute ago, Bill H said:

so you have a 2020,,before tune was it sluggish till around 7k RPM ?

and on another subject do you have a vibration when going hard through the gears ,mine kicks in at 5 k and the whole bike vibrates or shutters ,,foot pegs,grips and gas tank,,it almost takes the fun out of twisting the throttle

Nope, tune realistically does nothing for HP or really any difference above 6k, there's a few ponies in there when paired with an exhaust but nothing a week long fast couldn't yield the same results.
Tune is really for smoothing out the throttle transitions from idle to 5k.
It does help a little in the 4-6k range that the triple is know to have weird vibrations, but not enough to make it go away entirely.

I honestly don't do much riding below 5k anymore, I even have my RPM gauge turn green at 6k so I know I'm where I want to be.  I developed some new vibrations in the 5k range recently when putzing around, but that's due to the crappy clutch basket we'll be replacing this fall. The rubber dampeners don't like clutch ups or a heavy load over time.

I also want to close this with saying I beat the shit out of my bike with frequent visits near the rev limiter daily.
This bike made me a jackass, all done below the border in Mexico if anyone asks.

TLDR: it should be pretty smooth above 6k.

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member

How many miles do you have?

because maybe the throttle bodies need to be synced or something's just disconnected if somebody was in there before

plugs could be a problem but likely throttle body may be and the position sensor calibrated lower

That would help vibration too particular but are you running the stock hand grips what screen do you have what tires do you have and what shape are they in what's your chain tension are the sprockets aligned

Are you holding the grips too tight there's always grip puppies and heavier bar-end weights but the flat spot you got to figure out

1 hour ago, kilo3 said:

Nope, tune realistically does nothing for HP or really any difference above 6k, there's a few ponies in there when paired with an exhaust but nothing a week long fast couldn't yield the same results.
Tune is really for smoothing out the throttle transitions from idle to 5k.
It does help a little in the 4-6k range that the triple is know to have weird vibrations, but not enough to make it go away entirely.

I honestly don't do much riding below 5k anymore, I even have my RPM gauge turn green at 6k so I know I'm where I want to be.  I developed some new vibrations in the 5k range recently when putzing around, but that's due to the crappy clutch basket we'll be replacing this fall. The rubber dampeners don't like clutch ups or a heavy load over time.

I also want to close this with saying I beat the shit out of my bike with frequent visits near the rev limiter daily.
This bike made me a jackass, all done below the border in Mexico if anyone asks.

TLDR: it should be pretty smooth above 6k.

i failed to mention vibration is only on hard acceleration,,it backs off when desired speed is  reached ,,there is no vibration when cruising at ,10 mph to110,,mph,,and no vib on slow roll of throttle ,,only on WOT or hard on the gas

Im happy for you that your bike doesnt have any of this shit and will wheelie no problem , how can the same bike be so different ?  I really want to like this bike but its just not putting a smile on my face

and what the hell is this ? TLDR

1 minute ago, Bill H said:

i failed to mention vibration is only on hard acceleration,,it backs off when desired speed is  reached ,,there is no vibration when cruising at ,10 mph to110,,mph,,and no vib on slow roll of throttle ,,only on WOT or hard on the gas

Im happy for you that your bike doesnt have any of this shit and will wheelie no problem , how can the same bike be so different ?  I really want to like this bike but its just not putting a smile on my face

and what the hell is this ? TLDR

Wow, that is phucky. Mines the opposite lol. How tight is your chain, think dirt bike tight, so sloppy as hell.

TLDR: Too long, didn't read.

21 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

How many miles do you have?

because maybe the throttle bodies need to be synced or something's just disconnected if somebody was in there before

plugs could be a problem but likely throttle body may be and the position sensor calibrated lower

That would help vibration too particular but are you running the stock hand grips what screen do you have what tires do you have and what shape are they in what's your chain tension are the sprockets aligned

Are you holding the grips too tight there's always grip puppies and heavier bar-end weights but the flat spot you got to figure out

Brand new ,,1500 miles ,,

vibration is mostly from the foot pegs and up to  gas tank

i dont have a clue what this means,,  ,"" but likely throttle body may be and the position sensor calibrated lower"" but my first thought when i felt it was like the air box was open with no filter  and all that air intake was causing it to kinda shutter ,,it goes away as soon as desired speed is reached,,

suppose i could take back to dealer but im guessing thats a waste of time

15 minutes ago, angrygirafe said:

When the frogs yearn to bounce?

Why, that’s fantastic you tom boy?

Whence thou flailed yonder tubby buttocks?

I’m not very good at these acronyms.

same, I will be scratching my head over that one for the rest of the evenng...
Why the french yodel too badly?
Will this fried yoghurt taste bad?

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, duhg said:

Stew, I was just guessing.

Aaaaargh :)
It sounds more plausible than mine.
I'm too old for all this , why can't people type whole phrases any more.

4 hours ago, Stew said:

4 hours ago, Stew said:

I agree,,I did it to mess with kilo3 ,,he seems to like them