Risers

magnatic

I'm interested in some also and emailed Rox to see if anything was in the works and his reply was that they haven't had a bike in yet to work on it and from feedback from owners it doesn't look to promising because of the cables and wires being too tight. 

There was a thread on here with a pic of somebody that fitted a Tusk riser.

Above is the 15mm Tusk riser. It's meant for KTM so doesn't match the profile but can't see that when riding. Stock cables and no problem. 

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

On 4/28/2019 at 10:06 AM, gv550 said:

Above is the 15mm Tusk riser. It's meant for KTM so doesn't match the profile but can't see that when riding. Stock cables and no problem. 

Thanks for recommending this option. I installed those last nite and appears to be just enough rise to help without stretching the cables too tight. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 10:06 AM, gv550 said:

On 5/3/2019 at 8:20 AM, fred99 said:

Thanks for recommending this option. I installed those last nite and appears to be just enough rise to help without stretching the cables too tight. 

Great help, can you guys post part number or online link to find the exact item? 

U mean these? 

tus_10_han_ris_kit_1_1-8_bar.jpg
WWW.ROCKYMOUNTAINATVMC.COM

The Tusk Handlebar Riser Kit makes it easy to increase the handlebar height on your motorcycle or ATV. Tusk handlebar risers...

My confusion was what size :( as tracer handlebar in Middle looks thick. 11/8 size? Or keep 7/8 size? 

11 hours ago, fred99 said:

I found mine on ebay last year, $21 with free shipping at the time. Universal Powersports LLC was the vendor.

Just search Tusk Handlebar riser Kit, select 1 1/8 bars and 15 mm rise.

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

9 minutes ago, gv550 said:

I found mine on ebay last year, $21 with free shipping at the time. Universal Powersports LLC was the vendor.

Just search Tusk Handlebar riser Kit, select 1 1/8 bars and 15 mm rise.

2 hours ago, fred99 said:

Yes the 15MM for 1 1/8 bars. I would have preferred the 30MM but didn't think there would be enough slack in the cables/wires to make them work.

awesome, ty guys. I hope its straight bolt on with screws they provided since i am very bad with complex mechanical stuff 

Just a headsup Tracerdoc. It's a little tricky to hold the bars up while sliding the both sides underneath and then lining the bars back up just right. It would be so much easier if you had a friend hold them up for you.

I had one side on but putting the other side on I "bumped' the first one and it fell down into the black hole of the engine and thought I was screwed.

Got a flashlight and got so lucky with a thin blade long screwdriver and fished it so carefully out by sliding the the blade into the bolt hole. It's not a hard job but due to me age and neurpathy in my hands, I'm all thumbs anymore.

Archived