Niken becomes official Grand Tour support bike

Trambo

• Premium Member

This is cool: LINK TO NEWS BLURB

Yamaha has signed a deal to make its Niken the official support bike for the Tour de France, Giro d’Italia and La Vuelta.

Yamaha Niken becomes official Grand Tour support bike

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 6:43 PM, Trambo said:

This is cool: LINK TO NEWS BLURB

Yamaha has signed a deal to make its Niken the official support bike for the Tour de France, Giro d’Italia and La Vuelta.

Do I have this right?: Yamaha is giving Nikens away and paying for the opportunity of having them ridden in a public venue.  We have a Nevada Day Parade here every year in Carson City and from the rag-tag participants (a lot of politicians), it's obviously easy to get a spot...I wonder how much Yammie would pay me to ride one in it. 😁

• Premium Member

Stage 1 of Le Tour was today.  I spotted one Niken.  They’re not the bikes out front with leaders or the peloton.  My reading of the news releases leads me to believe they are doing gopher type duty further back.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

The TdF is back with the Niken.  Consider watching part of a stage even if you have no interest in competitive cycling.  The courage, endurance, tactics and strategy on display are something to see.

Phil Liggett is among the best play by play guys in all of sport.

• Like 1

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

On 8/30/2020 at 6:00 PM, rustyshackles said:

The TdF is back with the Niken.  Consider watching part of a stage even if you have no interest in competitive cycling.  The courage, endurance, tactics and strategy on display are something to see.

Phil Liggett is among the best play by play guys in all of sport.

I have no interest in cycling and I have no interest in visiting France either but I watch TdF every year for the scenery.

The TV guys have fine tuned their craft and turned a boring few hours into a travelogue that French tourism authorities could be proud of.

I didn't know about this deal with the Nikens but I noticed a couple the other day at the end of a stage.

+1 on Phil Liggett.

• Thumbsup 1