FJ-09 LCD dash question

jonmue

Hi all, a couple of days ago my tach/speedo/etc. readout went completely blank.  The peripheral turn indicators, neutral and ABS lights still work.  All the lights, etc. work.  1st, can I still drive it?  It seems to run fine and my dealer is about 10 miles away.  Also, whats up with this? Seems pretty rare.  It's a 2016 with 10K.

I can’t see a fuse that is only for the dash so it sounds like a fault with the readout itself. If you haven’t been working in that area, where you could have pulled a connector out then I would take it to your dealer. If it all seems to run okay then you should be fine to ride it there.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Heck if you have the time over the weekend. Take the body work off around the speedo unit and track the wire bundles to their plugs. Unplug and re-plug the connectors. Disconnect the battery 1st!!! Once you've re-plugged tthe connectors, hook the battery up and see if it comes back on. You might save yourself a half day and easy 150.00 to 250.00 for a quick find by the service tech. I work on copiers and we re-plug lots of times for weird connection problems. Might save a buck!

• Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

Just an update as this is a bit rare.  The Yamaha tech and service manager said that they  hadn't seen this before.  It appears that the speedo unit failed, although the surrounding readouts ( high/low beam, directionals, etc.) on the periphery of the unit all work fine and the bike works fine.  The screen is as dead as my parents old 1962 motorola TeeVee.  Unlike the motorola, I didn't even get to hear the National Anthem and see a test pattern.  The part is north of $500. :(.   I'll try a few things (as tktplz mentioned) but I may be out the bux.  And I finally just got the seat sorted ! (2 layers of 1/4 " yoga mat memory foam over the original foam and then the original cover... ) Thanks to all for the advice.    Jon

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, jonmue said:

The part is north of $500. :(.   I'll try a few things (as tktplz mentioned) but I may be out the bux.

Are you outside of your warranty?  That part should absolutely be covered by the warranty.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***