Helmets

Aminochelat

3 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

Různé značky vyhovují různým tvarům hlav (například kulatá hlava nebo oválná hlava) ... opravdu se mi líbí můj AGV K5 ... 

Certainly, I was interested in what helmet anyone has on Tracer and how he has experience with it. Maybe I can find the answer in an already established thread.

...Find out your head shape first- not all brands will stock that shape...

...Then look for at least SNELL rating... 

There is no favorite helmet but General consensus says Schuberth is very quiet(I wouldn't know)

I don't mind the "noise" as I am totally hard of hearing, so I go for comfort/cost as AGV has fit the bill for me...

my helmets(road/dirt) get replaced every 3yrs on average unless it's been in an accident which gets replaced right away... 

I do go to motorcycle shops to try on helmets just to see how they fit my head shape and if the price is better than online, I will buy from them... 

Edited by norcal616
  • Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Aminotchelat…….I have the Bell Race Star.  When it was new it was a bit difficult to put on as the lining was snug and I had to be careful how I pulled it on and off or it would hurt my ears.  After a short while it was "broken in" and this problem went away.  Very comfortable with high quality interior materials.  It ventilates very well.  Removing and installing the shield is very simple and the mechanism is well designed.  One of my favorite things about the helmet is how stable it is in the wind......good aerodynamic design.  My only gripe is that the vents on the top of the helmet have small tabs and are a bit difficult to find with your riding gloves on.  But I rarely need to do this so it is no big deal.  It is a bit noisy with the vents all open but that is not unusual with a helmet that ventilates well.  I wear earplug when I ride so this is really not an issue. 

I had a Bell RS1 which is also a very nice helmet.  Very quiet but does not ventilate quite as well as the Race Star.  

I used to wear Arai but they have become too expensive.

Edited by johnmark101

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

3 minutes ago, Aminochelat said:

@norcal616 I know how to choose a helmet, but we haven't had a cenduro yet, and I wonder what you, you and you, your reviews are wearing.

AGV K5 helmet- I like it vs my old HJC one( I forgot the style)... 

It was lighter, had a chin skirt, inner sun visor, I could use my eye glasses, enough vents and like 3 different inserts for how the face shield clicked/stay where you wanted it, ie: cracked open a few mm or a cm at minimum... Face shield comes off/on very easy to clean... And it was a decent price that would not hurt the wallet if I had to buy another one soon if I wrecked that helmet... Noise lvl??? I dunno 🤔- I will leave that to people with better hearing than me...

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

7 hours ago, Aminochelat said:

@norcal616 Agv helmets are very nice, I also had a K5.  As I have noticed so many people do not have a modular helmet.

I don't understand the modular helmets...

I have the the Caberg Drft Evo Carbon and Bell Race Star (tracer colour scheme :P )

Caberg is very light, lighter than the Bell. I use it more often the Caberg as I never finish insalling my second Cardo system in the Bell, never had the time to install the pin lock and the Bell does'nt have the sun visor. When i ride to work I have the sun in my face, when I come back same story. 

The Caberg feels noisyer than the Bell and less ventilated. You can feel the quality (and the price) in every aspect of the Bell helmet but all in all i think the Caberg is a better all arround helmet because of the price difference (Caberg 300 euros, Bell 700€ ) 

Currently using a Scorpion AT-950. It's modular but that wasn't important to me but is interesting to try. It's not Snell rated but that's not important to me either since I consider Snell ratings to be about money and marketing and not safer helmets. 

It has an inner sun visor which is important to me. Also has an extra large viewport which is turning out to be one of my favorite features. Wanted to try pinlock and it's available as an option. Worked well in a couple downpours last month.

Scorpions offer great value for money. Before this I wore a Scorpion EXO-500 for many years. Before that various Shoeis and Arais.

• Thumbsup 1