Helmets

Aminochelat

On 10/26/2019 at 2:04 AM, Aminochelat said:

Pánové, jaké helmy používáte? Rád bych čerpal inspiraci.

Screenshot_20191026_100407.jpg

I am a big fan of Schuberth helmets. I feel that they are the most comfortable, the quietest and among the most protective helmets on the market. Plush and comfy once they break in. 

Schuberth Helmets - Free Shipping, No Hassle Returns and the Lowest...

Here is my next Helmet, wife is getting me one for Christmas.

schuberth_e1_adventure_helmet_matte_blac

The ADV version of the legendary C3 Pro boasts off road focused features...

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, nevada72 said:

I like Shoei. I just got a new old stock (but not expired) GT Air. I don't like the GT Air 2

What did they change on the GT-Air 2 that you didn't like?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 minutes ago, betoney said:

What did they change on the GT-Air 2 that you didn't like?

Three things- 

1 - Rear vent is always open. I live in Wisconsin and I want to be able to close that vent. One would think a rearward facing vent wouldn't be an issue. But on my large touring bike (HD) there is back-pressure and I can feel it in cold weather.

2 - Sun visor extends down further. I have a big nose - nuff said. ;)

3 - Bluetooth ready doesn't appeal to me. I have yet to hear a system I'm happy with, so I don't want my helmet built to accept any particular one. Sure, one can still use any system. It's not a deal breaker, but I saw it as a "con". 

Also factor that I got my helmet on closeout for half of what a new GT Air 2 costs and it was a no-brainer. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Here is my next Helmet, wife is getting me one for Christmas.

How does that peak.catch the wind given the strange air movement on the FJ. I considered a dual sport helmet when I bought the Klim, but I figured that the buffeting would be terrible. 

10 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

How does that peak.catch the wind given the strange air movement on the FJ. I considered a dual sport helmet when I bought the Klim, but I figured that the buffeting would be terrible. 

I don't have this helmet yet, but the visor works great on my other helmets and my dirtbike helmets. It's especially handy when facing the sun. It catches the wind a little more than non visored helmets but you get used to it real fast and the sun blocking aspect totally makes it worth it!

• Thumbsup 2

Normally ride without the peak on the AT-950 but did try it up to about 80mph... fluttered a bit but not annoyingly so. 

Bear in mind that the FJ-09's turbulence varies based on several factors (windscreen, handguards, rider etc) so YMMV.

• Thumbsup 2

• 2 years later...