Sign in to follow this  
v1nn1e

Multi-level grip heat!

I'm sure I read through the manual but confess I completely missed that the three bars selectable from the handlebar controls can have their actual amount of heat set from the settings menu.

My two-bar/middle position was too hot at anything above 5 degrees C so I've lowered it to 3 from 4. The three-bar/top position was set to 7! I guess that's when you ride in -5 degrees C! I've reduced that to 5 which I reckon should be plenty if I'm out when it's freezing. :)

28 minutes ago, v1nn1e said:

I'm sure I read through the manual but confess I completely missed that the three bars selectable from the handlebar controls can have their actual amount of heat set from the settings menu.

My two-bar/middle position was too hot at anything above 5 degrees C so I've lowered it to 3 from 4. The three-bar/top position was set to 7! I guess that's when you ride in -5 degrees C! I've reduced that to 5 which I reckon should be plenty if I'm out when it's freezing. :)

I have my 3 heat levels set to 3/5/7.  I have used level 2 a few times, but never needed level 3.  These grips get HOT!!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I didn't realize until now that you could set the temp... awesome. I used the stock settings, and the grips got so hot at 2 bars that i didn't go to 3 very often.

Just installed my Hotgrips using @Duke's method. Worked like a charm. Took'er out for the last pre-winter sleep spin around 5ish Celcius degrees yesterday with the grips set to 3/7/10... 10 heated things up right quick! Will be readjusting next spring to 3/5/7 as others have mentioned!

• Thumbsup 1

There was a ground frost today and the air temp gauge was down to 3 degreesC.

Had the grips on 3 bars, which is set to level 5 and my gloves didn't melt!

Reckon I will up that to 6 now and increase all the other levels a bit through to next March!

On 11/4/2019 at 9:19 PM, iamthedruman said:

Just installed my Hotgrips using @Duke's method. Worked like a charm...

Excellent. Saw in another thread that you also tried the Heat Demons (I could be wrong)... you no like?

Could measure, but gonna ask anyway 😀... which Hot Grips Part# did you buy?

Capture.PNG.5fb95f447fae78a3b27e31d575da4ce3.PNG

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif - IBA #66956 - 2015 Yamaha FJ-09

Bah! Whoops, I meant the Heat Demons. I used the set indicated in the other thread. My bad. Just a free user so can't edit it any further.

😋

• Thanks 1