Winter Projects

• Supporting Member

Completely off-topic from the FJ, but we made some decent winter progress on the mongrel Raptor-Interceptor build.   It isn’t much to look at (yet), but it’s going to be ridiculously fun when it’s finished...  

66193674-0753-4A4E-8AAA-CA30545A19D5.thumb.jpeg.22d065a638981d9e6b80d8b39f3a7898.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, koth442 said:

Love the weird frankenbikes. 

It’s an obsession of mine, fortunately or unfortunately.   I’ve always liked big four-stroke singles, so that seems to have been a recurring theme with these builds.  This is the first to use a ‘modern’ motor, however (liquid cooled, fuel injected, electric start, etc...), so it’s been a bit more complicated than we originally anticipated.    

I have an NC30 single-sided swingarm and Ducati 916 wheel ready to fit, so that spindly swingarm & narrow 600 Hurricane wheel will hit the recycle bin.   Then we can get final engine placement and chain run sorted...   lots of details in a project like this, but the finished product should be really entertaining.   Or dangerous.  Or maybe a unique mix of both?  :)  

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, AlphaMayle said:

New FJ owner here, any special tools I should acquire other than basic mechanical? As for projects exhaust will be in tomorrow and ECU will be shipped off next week after that, tail tidy! TIA 

14mm hex bit for the front axle and 27mm socket for rear axle.  Both will be 1/2" drive.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

6 hours ago, AlphaMayle said:

New FJ owner here, any special tools I should acquire other than basic mechanical? As for projects exhaust will be in tomorrow and ECU will be shipped off next week after that, tail tidy! TIA 

Apart from @betoney suggestions, the tools I seem to use the most on the bike are T-handle hex keys for removing the body panels and an angle headed tyre pressure gauge to make it easier to check tyres. Something like this, but mine is analogue.

MotoGP Tyre Pressure Monitor from the UK's leading online bike store. Free...

• Like 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)