New member in Tennessee

Thanks for allowing me to join. I just picked up my brand new "leftover" 2015 FJ-09 candy red with zero miles last weekend. I was able to get a great price on it. Originally had my sites on a '19 Tracer or Tracer GT. Very happy with the FJ. Looking forward to warmer temps. 

FJ-09-2.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member

@MemphisTracer - Welcome aboard.  Good looking bike, I have the Red '15 as well.  👍

Pretty much all of the bikes quirks and or short comings have been identified and this forum is a wealth of information offering solutions or options to address any concerns you may encounter.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and if you are looking to upgrade any components, there are many here more than happy to help you spend your money.  😎

If you do nothing else to the bike, I would suggest at least getting a radiator guard.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Welcome to the forum @MemphisTracer. Fine looking machine (of course I may be slightly biased).

Have a look through the forum for immediate and easy things to add/change. Rad guard for example.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

30 minutes ago, betoney said:

@MemphisTracer - Welcome aboard.  Good looking bike, I have the Red '15 as well.  👍

Pretty much all of the bikes quirks and or short comings have been identified and this forum is a wealth of information offering solutions or options to address any concerns you may encounter.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and if you are looking to upgrade any components, there are many here more than happy to help you spend your money.  😎

If you do nothing else to the bike, I would suggest at least getting a radiator guard.

Any suggestions for which brand radiator guard? Evotech? R&G?

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, MemphisTracer said:

Any suggestions for which brand radiator guard? Evotech? R&G?

There are many that will get the job done, personal preference I suppose.  A few attach with zip ties, personally I would avoid those.

I bought the guard from Cosmo

tracer_900_radiator_guard_honeycomb_2__1

HoneyComp

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, MemphisTracer said:

Thanks for allowing me to join. I just picked up my brand new "leftover" 2015 FJ-09 candy red with zero miles last weekend. I was able to get a great price on it. Originally had my sites on a '19 Tracer or Tracer GT. Very happy with the FJ. Looking forward to warmer temps. 

I did the same thing last fall - left over 2015 with no miles - $6700 out the door.  However, you will need that savings to pay for all the stuff you didn't know you needed until you bought this fine machine.  I think I may have doubled the cost of mine getting it to where my OCD mind says it should be.  And apparently I'm not done yet :)

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

16 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

Welcome. Where did you pick up the bike? I live down in north Mississippi. Let me know the next time you're heading to AR, and I'll do the same. There are also 1 or 2 folks who live in Nashville. 

I am actually in Bartlett. Bought the bike at Barton Powersports in Jonesboro.

29 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

I did the same thing last fall - left over 2015 with no miles - $6700 out the door.  However, you will need that savings to pay for all the stuff you didn't know you needed until you bought this fine machine.  I think I may have doubled the cost of mine getting it to where my OCD mind says it should be.  And apparently I'm not done yet :)

I hear ya. I paid $6999 out the door. Been looking at loads of mods every day!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, MemphisTracer said:

I hear ya. I paid $6999 out the door. Been looking at loads of mods every day!

You can easily bring it up to Tracer GT spec. except for the TFT screen.  Mine has been upgraded with everything except a quick shifter.

The one area that you probably wont need any mods is the engine, the linear torque curve on this thing is intoxicating.

• Thumbsup 2

Welcome,  

Yamaha rad guard is good, bolt on, metal. Cheaper cable tie jobs work just as well though. tail tidy smartens up back end lots.  Crackin bike. 

Enjoy. 

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

Welcome to the forum @MemphisTracer be prepared for your credit card to melt. But it's worth it you have the best color ever put on an FJ09, enjoy!

Believe me I know! This makes the third Yamaha I have owned. 2007 FZ6, then 2006 FZ1. Both red! And they both received much of my paychecks!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, MemphisTracer said:

Believe me I know! This makes the third Yamaha I have owned. 2007 FZ6, then 2006 FZ1. Both red! And they both received much of my paychecks!

I also had a 2006 FZ1 - Liquid Silver.  Top of the line suspension and a custom dyno tune, I loved that bike!  Unfortunately I hit a deer and totaled it.