Buying Tracer farkles on Ebay from China but shipped from Canada?

mingo

As much as I hate sending my money to China, I purchased a rad guard my new Tracer GT from this seller:

$_62.JPG

Follow motorcycle-world on eBay. Buying, Selling, Collecting on...

I never expected to see the goods for several weeks but much to my surprise, the goods were shipped from Mississauga, Ontario by Canada Post with tracking number. I purchased from  seller below a side stand plate and fork clamps so I can adapt them to mounting my LED lightbar. Both arrived in a week to ten days max. 

$_62.PNG

Follow fx-motorcycle on eBay. Buying, Selling, Collecting on eBay...

Has anyone else experienced this? I tend to order small things from Chinese sellers, such a blank yamaha key and by the time I see it, I've forgotten about it as it takes several weeks to months for these things to get here, but these purchases shipped from Ontario surprised me. 

If you are aware of any other off shore ebay sellers that ship from here, please post them here. 

Edited by mingo

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

Haven't experienced this (I haven't bought anything from China yet  - but I am curious as to your experience with buying a blank Yamaha key.

Also, have you had yours cut here to match your existing key?

Just curious, why would you have to buy a blank key from China?  Can you not get spare keys made from your local locksmith/key shop?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

well check your tags and you will see most things are made in china these days...don't feel bad because importers for all the main stores in our countries outsource most everything to china ...so buying a set of levers, rad guard etc. won't tip the balance.

I have bought several things through places like ali express with great luck.  just one set of headphone ear pads at 3$ didn't come to me.  my $27 windscreen has been a great experiment on not buying a $160 one here.  With my MT-01 I have to shop over seas for everything, not being sold in the US hurts me getting aftermarket support.

but in saying this...i think everything was shipped from china.

I sell Quick Shifter kits made in the Czech Republic, but I ship from Scarborough, ON. C$200, in stock!

• Thumbsup 1
TTR Ignition Systems - Teaching Old Bikes New Tricks
Shift Sensors - Quick Shift Controllers
Plug 'n' Play Quick Shifter Kits for FJ-09 US$150 + $15 shipping - In Stock
North American Distributor for Shifting ContRoll     Email

8 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

@mingo

Haven't experienced this (I haven't bought anything from China yet  - but I am curious as to your experience with buying a blank Yamaha key.

Can you send me the link?

Also, have you had yours cut here to match your existing key?

Cheers,

Rob

Cambridge, ON

I wanted this key with a red top so I can see if the key is in the ignition or not.  I have also ordered some plug and play turn signal wiring adapters to install LED turn signals. Some stuff comes very slowly but other things are shipping from Mississauaga, which I find strange, considering the cost of shipping is included in the price of the item. I'm currently on another continent and won't be back until next month. I will have the blank cut by a locksmith. 

s-l400.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1 pcs Red...

• Thumbsup 2

Not sure it’s exactly the same but I purchased the same blank keys from China.  Options for gold or silver color metal and various colored plastic ends.  I had them cut at a local smith without issue and they function just fine.  They of course are not as nice as the OEM blanks.  However much better (I thought) than the generic solid key from hardware store.  The logo on the key for me was a printed decal.  Still ok as long as you know what your getting.  

• Thumbsup 2

10 hours ago, stumpy said:

well check your tags and you will see most things are made in china these days...don't feel bad because importers for all the main stores in our countries outsource most everything to china ...so buying a set of levers, rad guard etc. won't tip the balance.

I have bought several things through places like ali express with great luck.  just one set of headphone ear pads at 3$ didn't come to me.  my $27 windscreen has been a great experiment on not buying a $160 one here.  With my MT-01 I have to shop over seas for everything, not being sold in the US hurts me getting aftermarket support.

but in saying this...i think everything was shipped from china.

Not sure if you were referring to the OP or my post,  but what I meant was that I haven’t ordered anything specifically from Ali express or eBay from China. Fully understand that a majority of retail goods these days are manufactured in China (just as they once were in Japan, Eastern Europe etc.)

Rob

11 hours ago, betoney said:

Just curious, why would you have to buy a blank key from China?  Can you not get spare keys made from your local locksmith/key shop?

For me it’s pure vanity. 😉

I really feel that the keys we get here in Canada/North America from Yamaha are so puny and weak-@ss. 

Yes, I am weird.

I do like the reasoning behind getting the red key. 😉

Rob

12 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

Not sure if you were referring to the OP or my post,  but what I meant was that I haven’t ordered anything specifically from Ali express or eBay from China. Fully understand that a majority of retail goods these days are manufactured in China (just as they once were in Japan, Eastern Europe etc.)

Rob

"As much as I hate sending my money to China"

That  was the line that started me on my China rant....It bothers me to see most tags on product that is made  over there and very few in U.S.A or Canada.  I understand why things are brought in from China from a financial aspect( boy would we be paying high prices on consumer goods if it didn't come from there!).

• Thumbsup 1

On 1/11/2020 at 11:34 AM, stumpy said:

"As much as I hate sending my money to China"

That  was the line that started me on my China rant....It bothers me to see most tags on product that is made  over there and very few in U.S.A or Canada.  I understand why things are brought in from China from a financial aspect( boy would we be paying high prices on consumer goods if it didn't come from there!).

Gotcha. 

I purchased and received this side stand enlarger in about a week's time and it shipped from Mississauga. I have a feeling some Chinese sellers keep stock here and have someone ship it for them. I just don't understand how they cover their postage costs when you're paying $2 or $3 for an item and shipping is "free".  Btw, the side stand below is of very high quality for US$10, instead of $40 or $50 

s-l400.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Kickstand...

• 6 months later...
On 1/2/2020 at 3:50 PM, mingo said:

As much as I hate sending my money to China, I purchased a rad guard my new Tracer GT from this seller:

$_62.JPG

Follow motorcycle-world on eBay. Buying, Selling, Collecting on...

I never expected to see the goods for several weeks but much to my surprise, the goods were shipped from Mississauga, Ontario by Canada Post with tracking number. I purchased from  seller below a side stand plate and fork clamps so I can adapt them to mounting my LED lightbar. Both arrived in a week to ten days max. 

$_62.PNG

Follow fx-motorcycle on eBay. Buying, Selling, Collecting on eBay...

Has anyone else experienced this? I tend to order small things from Chinese sellers, such a blank yamaha key and by the time I see it, I've forgotten about it as it takes several weeks to months for these things to get here, but these purchases shipped from Ontario surprised me. 

If you are aware of any other off shore ebay sellers that ship from here, please post them here. 

How did the blank key work out? When I sourced out this link it said incompatable with 2016 FJ-09!

27 minutes ago, VicVersys said:

How did the blank key work out? When I sourced out this link it said incompatable with 2016 FJ-09!

I had the key cut and it's what I'm using now. No problem. It may be incompatible with your bike if your bike has an immobilizer, but CDN/US bikes don't. Heck the nice man who cut the key for me didn't even charge me for it. 

• Thumbsup 1