Indicators

Had an interesting experience this morning, bike started and rode ok but no indicators or hazard lights, everything else seemed to be working ok, including the headlights and high beam, couldn't check the tail or brake lights. Couldn't do much while on the move so waited until I pulled up at the traffic lights. Turned the engine off and turned the ignition back on; that's when I discovered that the key was not turned all the way to the right when I last turned on the ignition, legacy of fiddling with a gloved hand. Probably means that power was not being transmitted to all sources. Interesting and something to always keep in mind, turn it on all the way before putting gloves on as the key position can be a bit fiddly.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 2

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Suu Kyi said:

Had an interesting experience this morning, bike started and rode ok but no indicators or hazard lights, everything else seemed to be working ok, including the headlights and high beam, couldn't check the tail or brake lights. Couldn't do much while on the move so waited until I pulled up at the traffic lights. Turned the engine off and turned the ignition back on; that's when I discovered that the key was not turned all the way to the right when I last turned on the ignition, legacy of fiddling with a gloved hand. Probably means that power was not being transmitted to all sources. Interesting and something to always keep in mind, turn it on all the way before putting gloves on as the key position can be a bit fiddly.

Hadn't heard of that one before but an interesting observation none the less.  One to keep in the back of the mind for future reference.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Suu Kyi said:

Interesting and something to always keep in mind, turn it on all the way before putting gloves on as the key position can be a bit fiddly.

Agreed.  Nice to know.

Do Tracers sold in Oz have the ignition immobilizer? In US and Canada, they don't. :(  

And also in Canada, yamaha sells the SuperTenere with immoblizer but in the US they don't have it.  

Same happened to me today.  The first i knew of it was when i indicated to turn right, no light on the display or indicator. I parked up and turned the bike off and back on again and all ok now. I guess i will need to check the indicators are working when i set off. 

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, mingo said:

Do Tracers sold in Oz have the ignition immobilizer? In US and Canada, they don't. :(  

And also in Canada, yamaha sells the SuperTenere with immoblizer but in the US they don't have it.  

Yes, they do.  I think there's been discussion on this subject elsewhere in the forum as well if you're wanting to chase more info.