Anyone ridden a new Speed Twin?

texscottyd

• Supporting Member
On 10/23/2022 at 8:43 AM, Ride365 said:

That is such a sweet machine, bet it is a hoot to ride!!!

It really is a fun motorcycle.  Not sure if I would want it as my only bike, but as a second play bike, it’s hard to beat.  It’s a REALLY entertaining urban and short-range hooligan bike, but the FJ is a much better longer-distance mount.   

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

More matte paint for the garage.  I rode it home minutes before the rain started and a day before the winter storm.  It has 7 miles on it and probably will have until at least February, maybe March.  However, I own a trailer and North Carolina is a day's drive away, so I might get to ride it sooner.  Let the farkling begin!

speed twin 12 22 2022 small.jpg

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 2

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Supporting Member

@duhg- Congratulations!  I’ve really been enjoying mine, although I haven’t exactly been wracking up the miles.   About 1,000 miles on mine since July, but I am spreading miles across three bikes.   Are you keeping the FJ, and this is an addition?  

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Yes, I'm keeping the FJ as my primary bike.  The ST will be for "nice day" rides.  I have a friend who loaded his ST up with luggage and toured on it, but his alternative is a Super Tenere, which is not as much fun in hot weather or on twisty roads.  I'm happy to ride the FJ anywhere. 

• Thumbsup 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

• Supporting Member
21 hours ago, duhg said:

I'm keeping the FJ as my primary bike.  The ST will be for "nice day" rides.

Exactly the arrangement I’ve settled on.   The Speed Twin is hugely entertaining in bite-sized chunks:  150 miles with a stop or two for fuel & snacks.   It seems to be a magnet for conversations with strangers (although the new-to-me XR1200 seems to be even more so), and puts a smile on my face every time I ride it.  

Great choice, and I know you’re going to love it.  

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 year later...
  • Supporting Member

Hey @duhg - Just checking back in to see how you are liking the Speed Twin?   I went ahead and did suspension upgrades on mine last summer, and I’m really happy with the bike overall.   

I hope all is well, and spring riding is almost here for you. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

bigwhat.thumb.jpg.ac3daac2006628f39f7a788dfa9c94b1.jpg

Hey Scotty,

In short, I love it.  Still stock except for GIVI rack and Sargeant seat.  Still not happy with seat.  I put 7k miles on it.  Love the motor.  I may put rearsets on it to change the ergos a bit.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1