Replace clutch cushions on 2015 fj09

banderso

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, piotrek said:

Like others on here, I highly recommend doing this. That awful racket at idle in neutral is all but gone, as is the low speed/RPM judder (in traffic, for example). I also recommend taking the shine off the clutch plates with a scouring pad... and shuffling the friction plates a bit (still maintaining thickness order of course). The whole thing feels new, quiet and tight when done. A new clutch basket is another route... but $$.

All of these reports and glowing feedback convinced me to do this - today!  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I also added an aftermarket plastic cover over the clutch side of the engine. A genuine one wasn't in stock locally, but this cheap aftermarket one cut down the remaining noise considerably. It is surprisingly very good quality. I can see why Yamaha added it to the latter models & sandwiched some foam rubber behind it. Recommend this to anyone with an earlier pre 2017 model.

Clutch cover.JPG

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I've thought about those type of case covers even though I already have the Givi case guards but never considered them for sound attenuation. 

I presume the don't have dB damping foam liners?

I've not pulled the trigger on the covers because IMO they will make the engine run hotter because the insulate the engine from cooling air, including the clutch.

A double edged sword...