Farkling along....

As mentioned I have the SW Motech bars mounted and used a set of SW Motech clamps for the CREE lights..

Clamps: http://shop.sw-motech.com/cgi-bin/cosmoshop/lshop.cgi?action=showdetail&wkid=14297200288812&ls=en&nc=1429720146-10815&rubnum=brands.yamaha.mt09tracer&artnum=NSW.00.004.13000/B&id=35&gesamt_zeilen=Tshowrub--brands.yamaha.mt09tracer&typid=174137315

Bars: http://shop.sw-motech.com/cgi-bin/cosmoshop/lshop.cgi?action=showdetail&wkid=14297200288812&ls=en&nc=1429720146-10815&rubnum=brands.yamaha.mt09tracer&artnum=SBL.06.525.10000/B&id=36&gesamt_zeilen=Tshowrub--brands.yamaha.mt09tracer&typid=174137597

Using this you have multiple ways to mount the spots. Since I already had the Yamaha Led Plus indicators installed which contains running lights I decided to mount them more on the downside instead of the usual topside.
It's still amazing how much more visibility these 2 lights provide...

I'll get some detailed pics later today..

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

IMG_0153_zpsujzju0yp.jpg
Where did you find that clamp?  You've done exactly what I was planning to do with the mount on the crash bars, but I hadn't yet gone looking for clamps.  Also, I like the wire protectors; I wasn't going to do that, but now I will.  Thanks! 

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
Man! them engine bars are not cheap!
I have the same bars and I swear they weigh more than the actual frame for the bike :-). 
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Where did you find that clamp?  You've done exactly what I was planning to do with the mount on the crash bars, but I hadn't yet gone looking for clamps.  Also, I like the wire protectors; I wasn't going to do that, but now I will.  Thanks! 

It's also from SW Motech... 

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Very Nice!  I'm interested in doing the same thing re: the FJR Saddlebags for my Red FJ-09!

Question - What about the locks?  Do you get the same 3 lock set as you would for the FJ-09 bags (5P5-28406-01-00)?  It would seem so, but I would like to confirm this.

Any downsides that you notice at all?

Thanks!

For red you can order the color matching ones from the FJR...the 2013 red FJR model has the same color.

You order indeed the set of locks with it...and you can math the lock with you ignition key...(my dealer did that for me)..

No downsides which I've experienced except tons of compliments since this setup is not available stock in EU.... :)
Regarding ride comfort also no change noticed...

Hitting the Austrian & Italian Alps this week so time will tell... :)

• Premium Member
Thanks very much for the update!  I have placed an order for the FJR unpainted bags (with Yamaha of Cucamonga in CA, USA), the 3 lock set, and the FJ09 lower mounting posts. 

I went to my local Yamaha Dealer first, and received very disturbing news regarding the unpainted FJR saddlebags.  When he looked them up he was only able to find the Left Bag listed as available.  The Right side bag was designated as being discontinued!  He called up Yamaha (don't know who exactly) and was told they were fazing out the unpainted FJR bags and just selling what they had left (hence only one side being listed as available, and with a mid-July delivery time).  :^(   The painted bags are available but double the price.

In any event I found them listed with Yamaha of Cucamonga as available and placed my order online with fingers crossed.  They called me the next day to confirm the order and inform me that delivery would not happen until mid-July.  I made it clear that I needed the complete order or nothing (one bag doesn't do me any good, nor the mounts and lock sets if I can't get the Yamaha bags).  They seemed fine with that, and so now I wait to see what happens.  Wish me luck! 

Hope you had a great time on your ride!

Good luck with the FJR bags.  I had mine ordered through my dealer with a 15% discount for purchasing my bike from them.  They cancelled it and told me the bags were discontinued.  I ended up ordering the Shad kit with the top case and am awaiting that order to ship.  Its unfortunate because i really wanted the FJR bags, but the painted are more than twice as much (i think almost 700 each).  

Good luck with the FJR bags.  I had mine ordered through my dealer with a 15% discount for purchasing my bike from them.  They cancelled it and told me the bags were discontinued.  I ended up ordering the Shad kit with the top case and am awaiting that order to ship.  Its unfortunate because i really wanted the FJR bags, but the painted are more than twice as much (i think almost 700 each).  
Did you try to get the matte black FJR bags or the 2014 colored red ones? 
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Archived