Niken has competition

Switchglide12

I hope the day never comes when my balance is so poor that I can't be on two wheels, but if it happens, I may entertain the notion of a 3 wheeler. It's the lean and g forces and agility of two wheels I love, even more than the being outside. Might as well go with a convertible Mazda Miata when I can't ride anymore! 

• Thumbsup 5

• Supporting Member
On 12/8/2020 at 4:15 PM, betoney said:

I'm not sure I should admit this, but I kinda dig the overall look of everything EXCEPT the trike front end.  😳

If Honda would make this style concept with a conventional fork, I might actually be interested. 

102815-honda-neowing-concept-leftside.jp

I thought at first it was a Goldwing platform, but that's actually a flat four with hybrid electric power.   Intriguing... 

093015-honda-neowing-concept-engine.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

I'm not sure I should admit this, but I kinda dig the overall look of everything EXCEPT the trike front end.  😳

If Honda would make this style concept with a convention fork, I might actually be interested. 

I thought at first it was a Goldwing platform, but that's actually a flat four with hybrid electric power.   Intriguing...

Agreed, its really cool looking and as typical Honda, amazing technology in a concept design, but... whether it goes beyond concept and actually makes it to production is another thing.  Like their other concept CB1100X, I am liking what I am seeing out of a normally reserved and 'conservative HONDA'. 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
On 12/8/2020 at 4:29 PM, Switchglide12 said:

I hope Honda comes thru with this. 

Looks like a custom one from Tilting Motor works. 

The TRiO from Tilting Motor Works is a three...

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member
On 12/8/2020 at 5:15 PM, betoney said:

Not sure why this is being touted as an official launch since these are the same pictures as the prototype images  from a motorcycle expo circa 2015-2016. No official announcement of any sort on a Honda owned website. 

Last I heard was that Honda was waiting for Yamaha Niken sales results in the marketplace to determine if there's a market for this in the US (especially since Goldwings are built in Ohio and this would potentially be using the same engine as Goldwings). 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, maximNikenGT said:

Not sure why this is being touted as an official launch since these are the same pictures as the prototype images  from a motorcycle expo circa 2015-2016. No official announcement of any sort on a Honda owned website.

Truth has absolutely NOTHING to do with content posted on the internet, attention gathering headlines and misleading information gather clicks...  🙄🤷‍♀️  This video and the 'rumor' of the CB1100X got my clicks... multiple clicks. 😄

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 1 year later...