maximNikenGT

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, maximNikenGT said:

This was my pathetic attempt at adding etching to the aluminum bracket using the bench grinder to make it look fancy. Definitely not Applebee's on a date night...

Bedliner spray paint for the win!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Finally got a quart of motor oil and tested it out. After priming the line about 15 times since I had really long supply lines the oil started lubricating the chain and I took it out for a fifty mile test run on setting 3 (out of a max setting of 10). Will be taking notes to see if it has an effect on fuel economy and taking photos of the chain to see if it ends up being cleaner. 

F3B04299-25D8-43A8-9F97-B7FF3AACC78C.jpeg

AC68FCC6-D681-43E3-AE87-9093D5F08BA0.jpeg

Edited by maximNikenGT
corrected misspelling

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• 2 weeks later...

I use traditionally electronically controlled oilers, on the Niken I've installed a Scott X-System. In fact, an oiler is the same as with vitamin pills. Everybody takes them despite not necessary. Better buy a "maintenance free chain". 

I found btw oil on my rear tire, this is the least place where I want to have oil. 

Check out FortNine [s. link]. He made btw also a good video on Niken. 

https://youtu.be/VnPYdcbcAe0

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

100 mile update with new ProOiler:

So far chain is looking pretty good after 100 miles of riding. Chain looks lubricated at setting = 3 (out of 10 with 10 being the highest setting). Have moved it up to setting 4 and will continue to incrementally go up to see at what point it looks like the chain is getting too much lubrication and then back off a step under normal dry riding conditions. 

Edited by maximNikenGT
Added details

2019 Niken GT

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member
On 12/16/2021 at 8:10 AM, sirepair said:

Bedliner spray paint for the win!

I seriously considered this until I realized that bedliner spray paint adds enough thickeness that it would throw off all my previous measurements to get the Y nozzle positioned exactly on the sprocket where I wanted it. I encountered this same problem trying to mount driving light clamps to my SW MOTECH crash bars that were treated with powder coating and added just enough thickness that my clamps couldn't fit without additional bending / metal grinding.  

Edited by maximNikenGT

2019 Niken GT

I fitted a Scotttoiler X-System V2 to my Niken and am very happy with it so far.  Simple to fit upright, underneath the seat in the space to the right of the ABS distribution block.  The oil delivery tube is clamped to a bendable metal tab holder screwed into the bobbin screw hole.  Looks neat and tidy.  The oil straw sits nicely against the ledge on the sprocket.

• Thumbsup 1