Spray and Wash

1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

Gotta be careful with this stuff, though.   It'll straight up dissolve some types of asphalt.  I did a substantial amount of damage to my old driveway cleaning my XJ750's old grungy engine with this. 

I bet it would being a heavy duty de-greaser.

• Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member
On 3/18/2021 at 1:35 PM, rlambke19 said:

This is a subject that I think about all the time.

It may very well be another "what oil do you use" or "what tires are best" type of thing as it seems there are 2 camps.

Folks who spray cleaner or foam all over their bike and then power wash/rinse it off and then air or blow dry it. The fact that you don't end up scrubbing and rubbing dirt into the paint or clear coat is a bonus. The fact that water can get into crevices that you will never see or be able to dry with a cloth or blower is a bad thing as far as I am concerned. I know bike mechanics who say the same thing.

But to be honest, I may try the spray method this season as I am tired of how thin and delicate the finishes on modern vehicles are and how easily they scratch/marr. 

@Waldo Jeffers - what did you use to rinse your bike off after using the S100? 

What are others using? I've seen battery powered "power" washers - which are much lower powered (~300psi) than standard electrical washers. Something like this:

Would be interested to hear others thoughts on cleaning their bikes?

And please no "I don't waste time cleaning my bike - I just ride it" comments. This is a thread on cleaning bikes and we admire your approach - but some of us have OCD that needs satiating! 😉

Cheers,

Rob

Bonus points for using the word satiating.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2