Spray and Wash

Yes it does.
You basically spray the stuff all over the bike and then rinse it off. I did go heavy with the spray on the engine and lower road grime area. It could use a second spray and wash, but it literally got 80% of the grime off. Obviously, I didn’t shoot water in places it shouldn’t be, eg, switch gear, exhaust pipe, etc. 

• Premium Member

I've had the S 100 burn clear coat on injuns and things like that so you can't leave it on very long and it helps to actually wet the surface 1st before you spray it on

What's this blue Yamaha cleaner your talking about??

I normally use spray way on anything that isn't greasy and kerosene on what is, Then I follow up with various treatments usually made by wizards

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I've had the S 100 burn clear coat on injuns and things like that so you can't leave it on very long and it helps to actually wet the surface 1st before you spray it on

That was my experience with S100 as well.

Wet the bike down first, spray on and let sit briefly - preferably not in direct sun, and then rinse THOROUGHLY. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

And just to add my 2 bobs worth......

I'm using a pressure washer (low pressure setting) to apply foam from a dispensor made for the job.  Works like a charm and takes the elbow grease out of it too.

Plastic bag up the exhaust pipe and a couple over the switch gear on the bar and I'm good to snow blow.

A9815923-1.jpg.d127e1ccd1418e771ff79239d62ef4b2.jpg

20201208_154635.thumb.jpg.417188b75064abb9d7c162d9dc49a66b.jpg

20201208_161158.thumb.jpg.d7d14b81090f2427dbf936984115a203.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, dazzler24 said:

And just to add my 2 bobs worth......

I'm using a pressure washer (low pressure setting) to apply foam from a dispensor made for the job.  Works like a charm and takes the elbow grease out of it too.

Plastic bag up the exhaust pipe and a couple over the switch gear on the bar and I'm good to snow blow.

20201208_154635.thumb.jpg.417188b75064abb9d7c162d9dc49a66b.jpg

Maybe I am overly cautious but that makes me nauseous to see the spray foam all over the gauges and the wiring below that in front of the tank.  I never spray water on any thing above the red line on your side panel.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, betoney said:

Maybe I am overly cautious but that makes me nauseous to see the spray foam all over the gauges and the wiring below that in front of the tank.  I never spray water on any thing above the red line on your side panel.

Ha!  I am always a bit trepidatious when spraying anywhere around electrical bits as well but I'm thinking....  it's a motorbike designed to be out in the elements so should be OK? 🙏

• Thumbsup 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, micah2074 said:

I’m pretty sure the directions say to only use the stuff when the bike’s surfaces are cool. 

Of course but S100 I believe is alkaline (base, ph 11+) and thus caustic, which literally burns various copolymers, coatings, paints and other substrates.

Sprayway, sold as a spray glass cleaner has no ammonia and is safe on just about any surface. Shake and spray from about 9", and it foams copiously, let it soak, spray lightly again and wipe with a good microfiber towel, and bugs, dirt, grime, etc seem to disolve away.  It dries fast too and is even available at Home Depot, and it's cheap (it does freeze though).  Kerosene IMO is a great cleaner along with isopropyl alcohol, you just need to know where not to use it.  I use 91% iso on brake components, much safer than even non-chlorinated brake cleaner!  I put both in spray bottles that are always within reach in my shop.

• Thumbsup 2