Greetings from Wisconsin

DR_DR3I

54 minutes ago, roadwarrior said:

When checking the air pressure on the new bike, be sure to give the front tyre on your Husqvarna lawn tractor a pump or two as well.

🤣 I saw that too, wasn't going to comment though.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, DR_DR3I said:

Hi All,

Joining you from thawing Wisconsin, finally picked up my 2016 FJ-09 and brought her home. I've already perused through the many helpful threads here and I've got plans for this FJ, including the oil plug mod and others.

I'm moving up from a 2008 FZ6 that I rode about 5 yrs and put 12k+ miles on, it was the right time in my life. Now that we're settled, I needed another bike to enjoy in my spare time and on these country roads around my neck of the woods. 

Thank you for having me, looking forward to being a contributing member.

FJ1.jpg

Hey, another new FJ owner in Wisconsin! I'm in Stevens Point and just picked up my 2015 last Saturday.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Hey, do you ever see that local and great Cycle World motorcycle writer Peter Egan?

He lives up there in the great white north of Wisconsin.  :)

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, DR_DR3I said:

Sounds great, looking forward to it!

You both keep me in the loop too.  I ride up to SE & SW WI all the time and know many good routes but always looking to learn more.

Galena, Rt 2 along the river, Starved Rock are sloppy seconds usually.

Heading up towards East Troy, then Palmyra nd Eagle areas tomorrow as a matter of fact if either or both of you want to meet up!

2+3cyl, it’d be great to have you join us! I just let Yuriy know I’m currently out of town visiting family, but when I get back in 2 wks, I expect some proper riding time and meetups with like-minded souls.

Looking forward to it. Ride safely!

On 3/19/2021 at 1:43 PM, roadwarrior said:

When checking the air pressure on the new bike, be sure to give the front tyre on your Husqvarna lawn tractor a pump or two as well.

Haha, keen eye. It’s been sitting all winter and it does have a slow leak. Nothing a little Fixaflat won’t fix. Should be safe as top speed is a hair-raising 7mph. 

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 7:26 AM, nhchris said:

Hey, do you ever see that local and great Cycle World motorcycle writer Peter Egan?

He lives up there in the great white north of Wisconsin.  :)

Not in years. I saw him at a couple bike meets near Madison years ago. I thought he lived down there. Would be awesome to have a coffee and chat with him though! Reading his old CW articles was awesome!

• 2 months later...

I'll be out riding today, from noon and on. Have to take care of work meetings first.

If anyone else is out there, today is shaping up to be a carbon copy of yesterday's decent weather. I'll likely be in the Kettle Moraine area, unless someone wants to meet up and ride around elsewhere nearby.