What's a new Niken cost in your country?

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member

Was chatting with a new Niken owner in mainland China and the subject of costs to purchase came up. Here in the USA a brand new regular Niken will sell for $16,000 USD (13,448 Euros) while a Niken GT sells for $17,300 USD (14541 Euros).  

This number does not include any applicable sales taxes and fees.  Property tax in Charlotte for a new Niken GT $197 USD, sales tax is levied in the form of a highway use tax 3% ($519 USD assuming Niken GT price) one time when the title is transferred. So in general, out the door of the dealership a brand new Niken GT will cost about $18,000 USD (15,138 Euro). 

How does Niken pricing look in your country?

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

The Niken costs £13500 - about us$18500. The GT costs £15000 - about us$20600. Both are inclusive of VAT (@20%).

Both are currently available with 0% finance, and i suspect dealers would offer finance on the RRP (the prices above) or offer higher rate finance if they discount. Discounts on Yamahas in dealers are very common, the Niken/GT both have substantial discounts around the UK, probably partly the quirkiness and partly the lockdown and financial downturn.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
On 4/8/2021 at 4:22 AM, Frank Hoo said:

Retail price for Niken GT in china is 258,000 RMB, which is about 40,000 USD.  and Vehicle Acquisition Tax is about 10% of the invoiced amount.

15971797399455712.png

That is a lot of money for the motorcycle, but not too crazy given how much the taxes and fees are for rare foreign sports cars in Asia in general. 

2019 Niken GT

I currently own and ride a 2015 MT09 Tracer in Australia.
I had my hopes set on acquiring the new 2021 Tracer 9 GT but it looks like demand will outstrip supply and I would be lucky to have the opportunity to buy one this year.

I had looked at videos reviewing the Niken and it definitely intrigues me. All reviews I've read have been favorable.
There are lots of ex demos over here in Australia from as little as $15,000 AUD (11,400 USD) to $27,000 AUD (20,000 USD) with low finance.

I have already been threatened with being cast out of my riding group if I buy one !

It would be good if the front end locked up when stationary so you could keep your feet on the pegs at the lights.

A fully working (down and as well as up) quick shifter would be great (like the new Tracer 9 GT).

I guess I should test ride one and see what all the fuss is about.

Stay safe and happy riding.

• Supporting Member

Test ride it first. That was what sealed the deal for me. I was amazed after my first ride and knew it was perfect for my style of long distance GT riding. 

Ignore the haters and go with what you feel. My last best estimate places the global Niken count of ~5300 of them in the entire world. You'll automatically be part of a relatively small group of owners worldwide. 

Edited by maximNikenGT
Updated niken global counts

2019 Niken GT

3 hours ago, Rex_4321 said:

I currently own and ride a 2015 MT09 Tracer in Australia.
I had my hopes set on acquiring the new 2021 Tracer 9 GT but it looks like demand will outstrip supply and I would be lucky to have the opportunity to buy one this year.

I had looked at videos reviewing the Niken and it definitely intrigues me. All reviews I've read have been favorable.
There are lots of ex demos over here in Australia from as little as $15,000 AUD (11,400 USD) to $27,000 AUD (20,000 USD) with low finance.

I have already been threatened with being cast out of my riding group if I buy one !

It would be good if the front end locked up when stationary so you could keep your feet on the pegs at the lights.

A fully working (down and as well as up) quick shifter would be great (like the new Tracer 9 GT).

I guess I should test ride one and see what all the fuss is about.

Stay safe and happy riding.

Hi Rex

Neighbour from NZ here . I had a 2016 Tracer 900 for 4 years and did 50,000 wonderful KM,s on it.

I too was inquiring about the new Tracer 9 and noticed the Niken in the shop I had test ridden 2 years previous.

Long story short I was offered a great trade in deal basically $2500 NZD and my Tracer for a 2018 Niken with 5000kms on the clock.

I have been told their are only 14 registered in NZ so I am part of a unique club. For my sort of riding the Niken motor is far superior to the tracer and I love the quickshifter and cruise control.

I have had some negative feedback always from people who haven't ridden one . Generally it creates a lot of interest fuel stops take longer I call it the NDF  ( Niken Delay Factor ).

Have a ride of one I am sure you will like it 

Cheers Phil :) 

• Haha 1

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, quaxum said:

47,890 Singapore dollars = 35,751.53 United States Dollar

without insurance

And its only valid for 10 years. 😪

I figured Singapore would probably be as high as mainland China pricing. Question - what do you mean it's only valid for 10 years? 

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, biggo said:

Hi Rex

Neighbour from NZ here . I had a 2016 Tracer 900 for 4 years and did 50,000 wonderful KM,s on it.

I too was inquiring about the new Tracer 9 and noticed the Niken in the shop I had test ridden 2 years previous.

Long story short I was offered a great trade in deal basically $2500 NZD and my Tracer for a 2018 Niken with 5000kms on the clock.

I have been told their are only 14 registered in NZ so I am part of a unique club. For my sort of riding the Niken motor is far superior to the tracer and I love the quickshifter and cruise control.

I have had some negative feedback always from people who haven't ridden one . Generally it creates a lot of interest fuel stops take longer I call it the NDF  ( Niken Delay Factor ).

Have a ride of one I am sure you will like it 

Interesting to hear that there are only 14 in New Zealand.  Highest unconfirmed country totals I've heard so far is Italy with about 115 Nikens - supposedly from a Yamaha dealer source in Italy. 

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, biggo said:

For my sort of riding the Niken motor is far superior to the tracer

How is the Niken’s motor different than the Other CP3 motors?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, betoney said:

How is the Niken’s motor different than the Other CP3 motors?

The Niken engine has a heavier crank and different fueling . The differences I feel are its far more tractable at low speeds not quiet as frantic as the motor in my tracer. The Niken is also slightly lower geared to compensate for the extra weight. The CP3 motor is a peach in both bikes just some different characteristics. The Niken is also 3 years newer so likely refined from the earlier CP3

17 hours ago, maximNikenGT said:

I figured Singapore would probably be as high as mainland China pricing. Question - what do you mean it's only valid for 10 years? 

Oh. We have something called the COE (Certificate of entitlement), which is only valid for 10 years. It is to curb the vehicle ownership in our small city. So at the end of a 10th year, we will need to scrap the vehicle.

Understanding COE

All vehicles in Singapore require a COE. To register a vehicle, you must first place a bid for a Certificate of Entitlement (COE) in the corresponding vehicle category. A successful COE bid gives you the right to own a vehicle that can be used on the road for 10 years.

Edited by quaxum