What Exhaust systems work with the Center Stand?

Yoshimura, it has a Yamaha part number , 50 state compliant, has a Tracer or FJ-09 tag label on the can, and a removable DB killer. Made to fit with the centerstand.Β 

I've had mine on for 2 & 1/2 years, love it.

Edited by jerryd

I just dug out the paperwork from this pipe. It's the Yosh Y-series, Yamaha PN # B1J-E46D0-V0.Β 

It has a catalyst and an O2 sensor bung which makes it CARB/EPAΒ  50 state legal, if that matters to you. That's why Yamaha lists them with a PN. I installed it at home without issues. Comes with good instructions from Yosh. I took the DB killer out at first, sounds great but too loud for me, reinstalled the baffle. Tones it down just right for my liking, no apparent difference in feel to me, in or out, just moar noise! YMMV. Don't know who Yosh paid off to get it by the sound checks but, wow, what a sound. Still using the OEM air filter, and still hear that sweet intake growl clearly.

I also had Ivan reflash the ECU to match, which IMHO needs to be done anyway even with a stock pipe.

So, that's my input, I'm really happy with it as it is now. Worth the $$ if you ask me.

• Thumbsup 2

8 minutes ago, jerryd said:

I just dug out the paperwork from this pipe. It's the Yosh Y-series, Yamaha PN # B1J-E46D0-V0.Β 

It has a catalyst and an O2 sensor bung which makes it CARB/EPAΒ  50 state legal, if that matters to you. That's why Yamaha lists them with a PN. I installed it at home without issues. Comes with good instructions from Yosh. I took the DB killer out at first, sounds great but too loud for me, reinstalled the baffle. Tones it down just right for my liking, no apparent difference in feel to me, in or out, just moar noise! YMMV. Don't know who Yosh paid off to get it by the sound checks but, wow, what a sound. Still using the OEM air filter, and still hear that sweet intake growl clearly.

I also had Ivan reflash the ECU to match, which IMHO needs to be done anyway even with a stock pipe.

So, that's my input, I'm really happy with it as it is now. Worth the $$ if you ask me.

Thanks for that Info.! Β Yeah I plan on getting Ivan’s flash after I get the bike broken in, etc. Β Just deciding on the exhaust. Β Ivan’s flash has you disconnect the O2 sensor correct?

43 minutes ago, CRFan250 said:

Thanks for that Info.! Β Yeah I plan on getting Ivan’s flash after I get the bike broken in, etc. Β Just deciding on the exhaust. Β Ivan’s flash has you disconnect the O2 sensor correct?

No. Β Mine is on the way back from Ivan. Β Only instructions were not to alter the air box. Β At least that’s what I understand.

18 minutes ago, Yamajank said:

No. Β Mine is on the way back from Ivan. Β Only instructions were not to alter the air box. Β At least that’s what I understand.

Interesting....when I had my old FZ09 done he was adamant about disconnecting the O2 sensor. Β Keep me in the loop when you get it back...πŸ‘

• Thumbsup 1

No, he didn't tell me to delete the o2 sensor, and I left the air box alone. No issues, runs like a scalded cat! Smooth throttle everywhere, does exactly what he says it will!Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jerryd said:

No, he didn't tell me to delete the o2 sensor, and I left the air box alone. No issues, runs like a scalded cat! Smooth throttle everywhere, does exactly what he says it will!Β 

Good to hear! Β Ivan’s tunes are the best and I will definitely be going that routeπŸ‘

Other than the pipe and reflash, I also did a throttle body balance and an AIS delete. Blocked off the AIS ports with plates, removed the hoses but left the pump in place and plugged in. It's small and not in the way, but removing it gives a CEL light, and disables the cruise control and some of the menu screens.

Found out the hard way, luckily, I have an OBD code reader with a Yamaha plug to clear any codes myself. Also worth the $$.

Edited by jerryd
  • Thumbsup 1