2021 Tracer9 GT Levers

nalla57

I am going to buy the new 2021 Tracer9 GT and I want to upgrade the levers. So does anyone know of another bike that has the same levers so that I can look for aftermarket levers for that bike. I can't find similar levers on different models on BikeBandit or anywhere else. 

I ordered Pazzo levers from a seller on ebay-podiumsuperbikeinc. He's an authorized dealer for Pazzo. I've ordered from him in the past with no problems. Do a search "Yamaha tracer Pazzo levers". Be careful buying bargain levers. They'll break at the worst instance.

Edited by Mattf
  • Thumbsup 3

Since the bike is hardly at any dealerships yet, the available aftermarket bits and bobs for the new model aren't likely going to be showing as available yet - even manufacturers like Pazzo or EvoTech etc. won't know for sure if the new part will be the same fitment as the old. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

Since the bike is hardly at any dealerships yet, the available aftermarket bits and bobs for the new model aren't likely going to be showing as available yet

Agree, let the bike get released first, aftermarket parts will start trickling into the market soon enough.  Even though Yamaha uses the same parts on several different models, one thing that will change from the previous year Tracer is the brake lever since the Tracer 9 now has a radial master cylinder.  They might use the same lever as the R1 or R6 maybe??  We'll see.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Question for those that have changed levers....how are you getting the nut off the clutch lever?  Are you removing the switch assembly?

I can't get a socket on it and I was gonna ask before I remove it.....

56 minutes ago, CRFan250 said:

Question for those that have changed levers....how are you getting the nut off the clutch lever?  Are you removing the switch assembly?

I can't get a socket on it and I was gonna ask before I remove it.....

No sweat... here is how it's done.

1. Remove the left mirror and handguard. Not truly required, just makes life easier.
  2. Turn adjuster wheel until maximum clutch cable is obtained.
  3. Remove the single 8mm bolt holding the clutch perch/mirror holder in place.
  4. Rotate  the clutch lever assemble *upwards*
  5. Use a 10mm deep socket to access/remove the nyloc nut holding the pivot bolt - push the wire harness out of the way as necessary.
  6. Pull out the pivot bolt.  Voila, now pull clutch lever all the way out.
  7. Replace it with a god-like Pazzo Racing clutch lever!  😁

Clutch.thumb.jpg.91eef26d66d1180d3db3b6d70fffd8aa.jpg
  • Thumbsup 2

16 hours ago, Warchild said:

No sweat... here is how it's done.

1. Remove the left mirror and handguard. Not truly required, just makes life easier.
  2. Turn adjuster wheel until maximum clutch cable is obtained.
  3. Remove the single 8mm bolt holding the clutch perch/mirror holder in place.
  4. Rotate  the clutch lever assemble *upwards*
  5. Use a 10mm deep socket to access/remove the nyloc nut holding the pivot bolt - push the wire harness out of the way as necessary.
  6. Pull out the pivot bolt.  Voila, now pull clutch lever all the way out.
  7. Replace it with a god-like Pazzo Racing clutch lever!  😁

Clutch.thumb.jpg.91eef26d66d1180d3db3b6d70fffd8aa.jpg

Thanks for that...kind of what I figured but thought I would ask!

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, SVincent said:

Did anybody manage to find out if levers match of other bikes? Makes it easier to look for second hand offerings. 

If you're referring to the Tracer 9/GT, yes MT-09/SP is also another bike to reference if Tracer isn't listed. Just make sure to closely match the year of your model.

1 hour ago, Ride365 said:

These levers are amazing and on par with Pazzo without the price, made in France and plug and play.

https://avdb-moto.fr/shop/en/32-brake-and-clutch-levers

They look great, and nice price too. But do you think it is made in France? 🤔

Not opposed to Asian manufacturing by the way. As long as there is thurough quality control. Had some vtrec levers from motea on my versys and they did fine. But they did come with ABE type approval from Germany. Not the run off the mill aliexpress stuff