Will 2021 Tracer 9GT Panniers Fit Older Models?

Seeing that the Tracer 9GT has not been delivered to Canada yet (at least Ontario), I'm not able to find out if the panniers off the 2021 fit on the older models.  I have a 2020. These new panniers look bigger, but I have no idea if they'll work.  Sounds like wishful thinking but hey...

I can see a far-away shot of the 2021 mounts in a video, but not really close enough to get a good idea.  It almost looks like the internal holders for the new bike are mounted to the frame with no shrouding around them.  Perhaps they are the same internal mounts.  

Even looking at lower bracket seems to me “like wishful thinking”. If you need bigger cases why you don’t get Givi/Kappa luggage mounting racks and there you go. You can install almost everything on them. I’ve got my bike with OEM cases. Sold them 2 weeks later and installed Givi quick lock racks. Now I can use my Givi E22 when going around or on long weekend trips, E360 (40l each) on longer road trips and even Wolfman Expedition soft dry bags when going off road.

Well, I am trying to make good use of the OEM panniers as well. I do not want to have a set of brackets for holding aftermarket panniers because it won't allow me to use the smaller ones. I think the only option is to get some FJR panniers. It will be the wrong colour but that doesn't really matter. Perhaps I could do a vinyl wrap anyway

723133407_WhatsAppImage2020-12-05at19_41_43.thumb.jpeg.a277567c86f093642923eda1ea754e45.jpeg

I do not think they will fit.

Yes get the FJR panniers. I am on a set of those and they should have been the panniers that came with the bike stock. They are amazing!

On 4/26/2021 at 9:48 AM, Jayzonk said:

Well, I am trying to make good use of the OEM panniers as well. I do not want to have a set of brackets for holding aftermarket panniers because it won't allow me to use the smaller ones. I think the only option is to get some FJR panniers. It will be the wrong colour but that doesn't really matter. Perhaps I could do a vinyl wrap anyway

Edited by quaxum
  • Thumbsup 1

On 4/25/2021 at 10:50 AM, Jayzonk said:

Seeing that the Tracer 9GT has not been delivered to Canada yet (at least Ontario), I'm not able to find out if the panniers off the 2021 fit on the older models.  I have a 2020. These new panniers look bigger, but I have no idea if they'll work.  Sounds like wishful thinking but hey...

No, they will not fit. 
Upper spacing of the mounting “tabs” on the new bags is narrower than previous models. 

HTH,

Skip

1 hour ago, Jayzonk said:

Those look great.  Did you add the reflective tape?

Thanks!

Yes i added the reflective tapes myself when i was bored of how plain the lids looked. 😄

Edited by quaxum

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, wanderer said:

I love the smaller cases. Big'uns would make my butt look fat.

Lol, That is the ONLY thing that I don't like about my Shad SH36 cases, they have great storage capacity, easy to mount, are durable and waterproof but they need to come with a pilot car and WIDE LOAD banner.  Definitely not for lane splitting.

oversizeloads

I found this photo that someone previously posted.

image.jpeg.957706dad8d4ead9b37beb0db3a5ab6d.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I really do like them smaller and I think they're just right. The look is good, and I have confidence that if my handlebars squeeze through something (e.g. car lanes) the back will follow without drama.

It is true that cargo is not always easy. But I don't ride two-up, and so far I've found I can trim down the load to fit if I include a bag on the tail. Storing a helmet would be nice sometimes, but I want to define my storage space by what I carry when on the bike, not off the bike. 

I love the fact the FJR cases fit for those who want more storage. Choices are awesome.

If I used aftermarket, I'd look for something like Shad 23 or Givi 22. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

What the heck are you all carrying? 😱

FJ_Mississippi.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, fddriver2 said:

What the heck are you all carrying? 😱

The only time I have my side cases mounted is for road trips.  I don't use a tail bag or top box and was able to pack enough gear in them for my last 10-day ride.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***