Hello Suzuki

I seriously looked at the S1000F back 2015 but bought a Kawasaki ZX6R ABS instead and still happy to have made that move.  Since then have glanced at them as a sport tourer but apparently they had a weak rear subframe which owners had problems with if they tried to carry too much - and you think the Tracer 900 GT is limited.  Good to see Suzuki fix that problem.  Suzuki lost me along the way with their reluctance to incorporate modern electronics in their bikes.  Looks like it will be good competition for the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 which I've looked at closely as well as the BMW S1000XR.

Is it just me or is there becoming a bewildering array of S and X and R and 1000 and more similar letters and numbers in bike names?

Suzuki went with a side exhaust rather than the cool IMO underbelly exhaust of the Yamaha which apparently precludes a center stand.  I have to have a center stand for on the road repairs or even lubing the chain.  I've put my Tracer on the center stand many times just to load it up.

I like the bit more fully faired look but the black fairing at the front of the bike look a bit awkward.  Still not a fan of the insectoid front look.  Thought they did a good job on the Boosa redo - have seen several in showrooms but no Tracer 9 Gas.  Looks like Yamaha is selling the heck out of the Tracer 9 GTs.

Honda has been MIA on the midsized sport touring side, well really not doing so much on bikes in general other than Goldwing.

Now former GXR riders can go sport touring with flip flops and T-shirts 🙂

• Thumbsup 1

On 9/22/2021 at 7:20 AM, Yamajank said:

This will be very interesting.  I must say I'm intrigued.

Right?  So nice to see Suzuki come out with something really appealing.  They've been treading water for a long time, just releasing basically the same bike over and over, year after year.  Good to see more competition in this space.

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First review is in from the launch.  Looks like it is what we expected.  Smooth, sporty, comfortable.  Just think it could be improved with a center stand, heated grips, adjustable windscreen.  But who knows.  It looks the part.  Now if the competition between Honda, Yam, Kaw, and Suz could actually bring the prices down that would be terrific.

Edited by Yamajank
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Yamajank said:

First review is in from the launch.  Looks like it is what we expected.  Smooth, sporty, comfortable.  Just think it could be improved with a center stand, heated grips, adjustable windscreen.  But who knows.  It looks the part.  Now if the competition between Honda, Yam, Kaw, and Suz could actually bring the prices down that would be terrific.

I believe heated grips are an option. Absolutely agree about the center stand and adjustable screen. 

• Thumbsup 2

Let’s go Brandon