• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hello Suzuki

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, micah2074 said:

How does the quality and longevity of suzuki compare to Yamaha?

Same as @roy826 - I've had zero issues with any of the GSX-R Suzukis I've owned.   And the K5 based motor is arguably the 'best of the best' as a usable street motor:   Smooth, power & torque everywhere, and you would have to maliciously mistreat it to have any reliability concerns.   

This thing could (should?) be a legit home run.   First bike that has seriously made me consider 'what's next' in my post-FJ moto world... 

• Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

PLEASE let this be available globally...  

I agree, I think this would be a sales success here in N.A., direct competition to Kawasaki Ninja1000SX, Tracer 9 GT and Honda’s new NT1100 coming this fall. 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Dunno what to make of Suzuki's model announcement strategy. One of the main reasons I finally unloaded my 12-year old Gen II Hayabusa last year was that Suzuki did not appear to be doing a Gen 3 version - and kept us hanging for years, quite frankly. But a couple months after purchasing the BMW S1000XR replacement bike, Suzuki releases the Gen 3 Hayabusa. F*#kers. 😖

And now this. As much as I like the Tracer - this GSX-S1000GT has a lot of appeal. A LOT of appeal. Full color 6.5" TFT instrument pod, CANBUS, Ride-by-Wire electronic throttle bodies, Up/Down Shift Assist, Brembo monobloc calipers, cruise control... when this bike is available, it merits a look.

But I am pretty much married to the Tracer at this point. But still wanna look at one.  😃

I’m drawn to the all-black GSXS as well... 

2022_GSX-S1000GT_YVB_Header_2500x1227.thumb.jpg.3d1b5da87c419121a12b5cc0291468e3.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member

Here in Aus the GSX-S1000GT is slated for release  ETA March 2022 - AU$19,090 ride away price (cases extra).

Yamaha Tracer 9 GT - current ride away price - AU$23,299

Hmmmm......

4 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Here in Aus the GSX-S1000GT is slated for release  ETA March 2022 - AU$19,090 ride away price (cases extra).

Yamaha Tracer 9 GT - current ride away price - AU$23,299

Hmmmm......

Not sure where you got pricing from, but I looked around here (Sydney) and found them from $20,490 ride away. 
And it has a lot more tech than the Suzuki including panniers. 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, betoney said:

It is more than likely going to be more expensive, not cheaper.  “Starting at” 11;599 (I’m assuming British Pounds?) is about $15,800USD and that doesn’t include side bags and heated grips which are optional accessories. 🤷🏻

Oh. Ouch.

I chopped in my Niken for the current (GSXS1000FA) generation. [Loved the Niken and that engine, but my shortness meant it was only a matter of time before I dropped it].

The engine on the GSXS - which is carried over from my model - is excellent. I dont care about outright performance - but itll cruise at 95mph and at 70mph it's so frugal [70mpg-uk]. Very smooth. But the fuelling was dreadful - way worse than mt09/tracer/xsr/niken - almost dangerous so I had to get it flashed. The guys with the new unfaired bike are saying Suzuki have cured that and it pulls cleanly and hard; and i believe them.

The suspension was also crap, the rear shock is as bad as the original mt09s, so i bunged in a YSS unit. I am now starting to really like the bike and this new one looks stunning [the model i have is fugly]. The electronics package is also good.

I cant justify p'exing mine, but I suspect these will sell very very well. 

• Supporting Member

A few more details and photos here: 

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/bikes/2022-suzuki-gsx-s1000gt-first-look-review/

"In Europe, the 2022 GSX-S1000GT will carry a price tag of 11,599 pounds sterling, which is nearly identical to the Kawasaki’s, and the bike is set to reach European dealers in November as a 2022 model-year machine. No pricing has been released for the US models just yet, but when the GT reaches US Suzuki dealers in early 2022, it’s also likely to cost somewhere very near the Ninja’s $12,599 MSRP."

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
17 hours ago, OZVFR said:

Not sure where you got pricing from, but I looked around here (Sydney) and found them from $20,490 ride away. 
And it has a lot more tech than the Suzuki including panniers. 

I got those prices directly off the Yamaha and Suzuki Australia websites and are RRPs so dealers will(may) have them cheaper of course.

BTW you were looking at the Tracer 9 GT and not the Tracer 900 GT?  The latter is priced on the Yamy site at $21,099 and the new one at $23,299.

8 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

I got those prices directly off the Yamaha and Suzuki Australia websites and are RRPs so dealers will(may) have them cheaper of course.

BTW you were looking at the Tracer 9 GT and not the Tracer 900 GT?  The latter is priced on the Yamy site at $21,099 and the new one at $23,299.

You might be right, it was the 9 GT I looked at, but the RRP is 23. 
Seems a bit high for a Tracer considering where they came from, but it does have a lot of tech. 

• Thumbsup 1

So, Suzuki built a Ninja 1000? Interesting.

It looks promising. Not a fan of the face, but otherwise it's a nice looking bike. If it's as reliable as my old Bandit 1200, should be a solid ride for man miles.

• Thumbsup 1

Those video's immediately popped up in my Youtube feed so Suzuki is doing a good job targeting Tracer owners. Gathering from the reactions in this thread it seems that will most likely eat a nice chunk of Yamaha's market share.

I'm not really in the market for a new bike after all the work I did on this one but I am starting to look at other bikes. I guess the honeymoon is over. 🙂

I was disappointed to learn that there is no cornering ABS which is one of the main reasons I'd look at the new 9 GT.

Some people may find that tech overkill but during an advanced course where all the other bikes were big GS's, I was really impressed with the BMW ABS Pro demonstrations. Panic brake mid-corner? It just stops nice and clean. Might come in useful one day.

I do see a Suzuki in my future but I also want an IMU... so maybe I'll wait for the next gen of this bike. The engine sounds sweet and not a step down from the CP3, which is arguably the best engine out there. 😎

On 9/22/2021 at 2:50 PM, micah2074 said:

How does the quality and longevity of suzuki compare to Yamaha? I briefly owned a DL 650 and it seemed like a simple but durable motorcycle. 

Suzuki & Honda (IMO) are the most reliable of the Japanese brands. Which is saying something.

'15 FJ09