Pyramid Plastics Tracer 9 gt Fender extender

bikelee

I just installed a Pyramid Plastics Tracer 9 gt Extra Fender Extender on my bike. The front fender is way too short. It allows too much crud to accumulate on the engine and other parts of the motorcycle. Took about 1 hour to install. It Works great.

Pyramid-Extenda-Fenda-EXTRA-Matte-Black-Yamaha-Tracer-9-GT-2021-Extenda-Fendas-052451_581x.progressive.jpg?v=1635770132

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

I have a front Pyramid extender and the full replacement rear Pyramid unit on my 2019 and am very pleased with the quality and value. I really like the '21 and up front with the reinforcing stay.....looks like a sturdy setup! 👍

• Premium Member

The long front with the stay does look awkward.  My shorter unit does a good job with road spray along with the SW-Mototech skid plate, though whatever you have the engine is going to get dity on a messy day.  The rear hugger extension does a very good job keeping the shock cleaner.

I just noticed the other day while tipping forward the radiator for a plug swap and valve lash etc check, a nice little ding in the Evotech rad guard.  BTW, this time I discovered 1 tight exhaust valve each on Cyls 1 & 3 in only 15.6K miles since the last check when all were OK. 😞 So out comes the exhaust cam again.  In 55k miles I've checked 4 times and needed to pull both cams once, the exhaust once before and now again!  I hope the new T9 engine holds adjustment better the V1 CP3 .  I highly recommend the Evotech because it extends all the way out and protects the rad side "tanks. Photo for some reason is upside-down; ding is in upper left.

20220211_132144.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

I like the big fenda extenda functionality, but I agree, it's pretty fugly. 

If they could roll the looks of the small version into the functionality of the large one they'd have a winner.

I'm kinda torn with the rear. The rear hugger extension looks like it would work well.

Has anyone tried the one that kinda bolts behind the rear tire? Just kinda wondering it's purpose and how well it works?