Jamaican police bike

joe72t

Hello All,

Just got back from a vacation in Jamaica and was very surprised and happy to see that their police force was sporting bright yellow Tracer 900GTs.  I was in a vehicle driving by and could not get a photo in time but I wish I had so I could post it for you.  Didn't know Yamaha sold Police bikes.

Cheers, Joe 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, joe72t said:

Didn't know Yamaha sold Police bikes.

Hey Joe, As it turns out the French and the New Zealand police have used the Tracer as part of their livery in past years.  There may be others?

Well spotted BTW.

On 3/1/2022 at 5:59 AM, joe72t said:

Hello All,

Just got back from a vacation in Jamaica and was very surprised and happy to see that their police force was sporting bright yellow Tracer 900GTs.  I was in a vehicle driving by and could not get a photo in time but I wish I had so I could post it for you.  Didn't know Yamaha sold Police bikes.

Cheers, Joe 

Police in Western Australia have unmarked Tracer 900s (not GTs) as covert bikes and have had a fleet of marked FJRs as well. Hence the local dealerships have heaps of spares and experience with both machines, which is good for people like me as I used to have an FJR and now have the 900GT.

• Thumbsup 1