Seat gap, anyone managed to sort this out?

Been farkling about with ideas regarding the gap with the seat on the low setting (in the high it's a good fit but not the height I want)  there's quite a gap at the front with the standard seat and even more with the Bagster. I've experimented with some foam and will also try some 'D' shaped rubber draft excluder. Anybody out there got a better more refined answer to this problem? It's not just the look I don't like it's the fact that rain will go pouring down the tank, I live in Scotland where it does get a bit damp now and again😂

IMG_7158.jpeg

IMG_7160.jpeg

IMG_7161.jpeg

IMG_7162.jpeg

IMG_7170.jpeg

IMG_7171.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Yep, that always bugged me too! 

It has been an issue since they came out with the initial FJ-09 and doesn't seem to have been fixed yet. I really didn't like the stock seats anyway, so I upgraded my '15 FJ09 to a Corbin Seat, which solved the problem for me. (I did the same upgrade when I bought my Tracer 900 GT)

I don't think Yamaha will be doing anything to fix this any time soon, mostly because seat comfort is so subjective, and the stock seat works fine, even if there is a bit of slack as it sits on the bike. You can purchase seats from various vendors who specialize in customizing seats for your particular taste. 

• Thumbsup 1

No gap on my 2021, whether the stock saddle or the Corbin.

That is a heckuva gap there, OP.  Would take a redesigned saddle to fix it properly, I think.  Meantime, the use of a filler is probably the only recourse.

• Premium Member

With my custom Sargent saddle there's no issue.   I did send it back to raise the nose so I don't slide forward, and then again because their seat pan cracked at a rubber bumper.  Quick turn around and no charge except shipping to them.

The OE saddle in the high position is Ok, never ran either low so never noticed. 

Maybe the 21 pad will fit prior tears.

Aye, nae problems in the higher setting but I prefer the lower one which is where the gap really shows up. I'll play about with some draft excluder and see what happens🤓

• Premium Member

I sure didn't get that with my Tracer 2020

Wonder if it would fit our bikes as well, and can you purchase that piece from the dealer!