2023 Honda Transalp

knyte

23 hours ago, Heavy said:

Theory is that Honda is trying not to step on Africa Twin sales by equipping the Transalp too well.  Basic suspension,  no CC, no IMU, etc.

That makes some sense, but perhaps they could make one higher tiered model with a price to match? Kind of like what Yamaha has done with the MT-09, when compared to the MT-09 SP. Kind of surprised Yamaha hasn't done that with the Tenere 7, in particular since the outdated Super Tenere doesn't sell so well these days. That engine in your bike is worth buying just for that reason alone, but I understand that both the Yamaha and Suzuki parallel twins are pretty nice as well......but Honda nailed it.

13 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

...and quickshifter, etc etc etc.  😁

Up and down on is standard on the Transalp.   Down is perfect,  up works best with lots of RPM and throttle.

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

34 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

That makes some sense, but perhaps they could make one higher tiered model with a price to match? Kind of like what Yamaha has done with the MT-09, when compared to the MT-09 SP. Kind of surprised Yamaha hasn't done that with the Tenere 7, in particular since the outdated Super Tenere doesn't sell so well these days. That engine in your bike is worth buying just for that reason alone, but I understand that both the Yamaha and Suzuki parallel twins are pretty nice as well......but Honda nailed it.

Sure is a sweet powerplant.  Not the same HP as the Tracer, but I'm satisfied. 

This is the first year Honda brought the Transalp to North America.   I'm sure they will bring different iterations in time.

• Thumbsup 3

12 hours ago, Heavy said:

Sure is a sweet powerplant.  Not the same HP as the Tracer, but I'm satisfied. 

This is the first year Honda brought the Transalp to North America.   I'm sure they will bring different iterations in time.

In a time when I can walk into pretty much any local dealership and buy a new ‘23 or ‘24 700 Tenere the Transalp is still hard to come by and still are selling for full MSRP when I have seen them. I think Honda has a winner on their hands. 

On 4/23/2024 at 8:28 AM, miweber929 said:

In a time when I can walk into pretty much any local dealership and buy a new ‘23 or ‘24 700 Tenere the Transalp is still hard to come by and still are selling for full MSRP when I have seen them. I think Honda has a winner on their hands. 

Ya, they're very popular.   I think I lucked out when I got $600 off on mine, plus they installed a bunch of accessories no charge.

• Thumbsup 1